Orphan Girl (31)

oh my gosh this is the last chapter :(((((((((

i felt so sad writing it!!! 

there will be an epilogue though dont worry!

**************************************************************************************************

She was walking closer towards me. I didn’t want to change into a wolf. That would only make her more frightened. I honestly didn’t have a clue what I was doing right now. How was I going to make her change back without hurting her?

“Oakley you’re going to have to calm down. It’s me, Scott.” I told her. My arms were in front of me trying to reassure her that I wasn’t going to hurt her. She needed to know that. I wasn’t the threat here.

She snarled at me in response and I started to worry a little. I took a step back and my back slammed against the wall. I new that I couldn’t go back any further, this was as far as I could go.

“Oakley you have to stop this alright!” I didn’t want to. I never have before and I honestly thought I would have to use my Alpha voice on her. I just prayed this would all work out okay.

To my advantage, she stopped walking. It must have worked, she listened to me. She looked at me confused. The poor girl was probably fighting with her wolf trying to understand what the hell was going on right now.

“Oakley it’s going to be okay. Turn back into a human. You’ll feel much better, trust me.” I told her.

She was listening to me. Oh thank goodness. She was going to be okay. With her two back legs she sat down and rested her paws on the floor. She was concentrating on changing back to a human.

Suddenly just before she changed the door was pulled open and screaming voices came through scaring Oakley.

“Don’t change Oakley, you’re a wolf. You have to stay that way, it’s who you are now.” I glared at Edge as he spoke. What the hell did he think he was doing?

“Edge get out of here, you have done enough.” I roared.

“She is apart of my pack Scott. She doesn’t listen to you anymore. She’s the Alpha’s daughter now. You’re the one who doesn’t belong here mate.” He challenged, raising an eyebrow.

I froze in shock refusing to believe the truth. So did Oakley. She was no longer thinking about changing. She was listening to Edge. He was higher than she was because he was older by probably a few years. I had to stop this; there was no way I was going to let Edge take her from me when she was so close.

“Edge why do you want her so desperately? She means nothing to you. Your pack is one of the biggest packs in the world; one extra girl won’t do anything to it. Give it up.” I tried to reason with him.

“She is my sister Scott. Mate or not, she is staying here with me. She’s the second in command now. Technically, correct me if I’m wrong, but she’s your enemy now. You shouldn’t be trying to protect her. I’m doing you a favour.” Edge challenged.

He was right. Our packs were enemies. We shouldn’t even be civilized to each other.

“She is mine Edge. Jim is gone now. You don’t need to keep this tough act going. Leave us alone and Oakley and I will be out of your hands for the rest of your life.” I told him. If I could get Oakley’s attention and get her to change everything will be okay.

“You can’t have her!” Edge stopped his foot acting like a three year old.

“Back off Edge.” I growled. He had no right just to come here and try to take her away from me. I already thought I had lost her once; I didn’t need to go through it again.