Orphan Girl (26)

Scott’s P.O.V

I woke up feeling stars circle around my head. Why was everything spinning so fast? It feels as If I’m going to be sick if they don’t stop soon.

After the room finally stopped spinning, I took in my surroundings. Where the hell was I? There was nothing in the room but a little door. I went to stand up, but I fell back down.

My legs were chained to the wall.

What the hell was going on?

I tried to think back to what I remember last, and it hit me like a ton of bricks.

Oakley.

I never found her, I didn’t get to her. She could be anywhere by now.

I searched my pockets and pulled out my phone.

Idiots, when you kidnap someone, last time I checked, you check to see if they have a phone with them.

I pulled it out and saw two missed calls from Oakley and a million from Tyler.

Why the hell was Tyler calling me?

I bet, he probably forgot where he put his wallet or something stupid like that.

I dialed Oakley’s number and prayed that someone would answer. But it was dead. Of course it was. She probably hasn’t turned it back on from her flight.

Next I called Tyler just to make sure everything was okay.

“SCOTT!!!” Tyler yelled as soon as I dialed his number. I don’t even think it rang. Man this guy must be desperate.

“Tyler have you heard from Oakley?” I asked quickly.

I didn’t know where I was, but Oakley was my top priority. I didn’t care what happened to me, as long as she was okay and out of trouble.

“Mate, I dunno I saw the note and I called her, she was freaking out. Edge wouldn’t let her leave, he was going to hurt her. I didn’t know where you were, I didn’t know what to do. He was yelling and just hung up the phone. I don’t know where they are. She’s in Melton, I know that.” Tyler ranted.

“Edge? Wait who’s Edge?” I asked.

“The Kelang’s son.” Tyler panted.

Shit, this was bad, beyond bad.

“Scott where are you?” Tyler asked.

Before I could explain to him my confusion I heard footsteps.

“Tyler I gotta go, I’ll call you back.” I whispered and hung up not listening to Tyler’s protests.

The little door unlocked and I saw the outline of a tall man.

“I see you have woken up.” He said.

“Where’s Oakley?” I shouted trying to rip the chains of the walls.

He turned around and laughed.

“It’s almost impossible for humans to rip through the chains.”

“Lucky I’m not human then.” I snarled.

I tried pulling against them, but they were even budging.

“It’s not going to work.” He laughed.

I ignored him, Oakley was in danger, and hour away from me. I had to get there quickly before they do something that will affect the rest of my life.