Orphan Girl (7)

Chapter seven up and running!!

*****************************************************************

Scott’s P.O.V

Rushing her to the nurse, my heart was beating twenty miles an hour. I had hurt Oakley.

My Oakley was hurt because of me.

I was angry and unfair to her, and I hit her. This was unforgivable.

I couldn’t believe it, what I had done was the most terrible thing I have ever done to a girl. She was in my arms unconscious, because of me. 

What many people didn’t know was there were two nurses, a normal nurse for the humans and a wolf nurse, obviously for the wolves. She was there for situations like this. How in the world was I supposed to explain to a human that I hit Oakley across and she fell unconscious? I brought her to the werewolf nurse and she gasped at what she saw, realising that Oakley wasn’t a wolf, and what sort of state she was in she didn’t understand why I brought her.

“My boy what in the world happened?” She asked rushing to Oakley, who was still in my arms.

I wasn’t willing to tell her what I had done; I was so ashamed in myself. “She hit her head pretty badly.” 

“How long ago, do you know?” 

“Um five, ten minutes ago.” I thought. 

“Lay her down on the bed for me.” She insisted.

Walking over to the bed with Oakley, who still wasn't moving in my arms, I carefully placed her down and stepped away. 

“God she hit her head hard. What did she hit it on?” She gasped, clearly just to make me feel better. 

“The lockers.” I gulped. 

Come on Oakley it’s time to wake up now!

The nurse looked up at me, before looking back at Oakley. “My boy, are you okay?” She asked. 

I must have looked like crap, because that’s exactly how I felt. 

“Worry about her, I’ll be fine.” I pointed to Oakley, who was now moving her head slowly.

Seeing her move I felt relieved, but I was horrified at the same time. “I can’t be here.” I muttered. I turned around and ran out the room despite the calls from the nurse to stay.

I had hurt her and couldn’t bare to see her upset at me.

Not wanting to go back to class and deal with everyone asking questions; when I was out of sight of the school, I changed into my wolf form and ran home. 

When I got there I could hear faint voices coming from dad’s office. Changing back to human, I quietlywalked closer and put my ear up against the door and listened. 
 “We have to protect her.” I heard mum tell dad.

“Grace she isn’t a part of the pack, she is nothing to us.”

“I don’t care. She’s Scott’s mate, why wont you just accept that?” Mum yelled. 

“She’s not a wolf Grace, so how can I accept that? They aren't as good as us, we are higher than them useless scum.” 

“I was once human, what are you trying to say? She is in danger you heard him on the phone. Why are you trying to avoid the problem?”

My heart jumped a mile an hour. He called?

“I don’t care. Why couldn’t Scott be normal and have a wolf as a mate? Why did he have to fall in love with a human?”

“That’s not our problem at the moment, it's his. All we have to worry about is that he did fall in love with her and she needs our help before she gets hurt.” 

Thank you mum, someone finally sees my side of it.