Chapter 5: Festival Of Talents

".... I officially open the start of our Festival of Talents." We are now here gathered in our school gym celebrating the National Reading Month or some of us say English Month. Opening programs are kinda boring especially when the sun is shining bright directly at you. That's what we are feeling now.

Celebrating our English Month includes the spelling bee and of course, the Festival of Talents. The Festival Of Talents is what we are practicing for. There will be contests between sections and as I said before, we are in the first section and we had to win the first place or our title as the fast learner students will be ruined. And who would want that? No one.

"Let's start the spelling bee with the Grade-I pupils. Calling all the Grade-I spelling bee participants." So, I'm just saying I'm going to fastforward from here to when I was just coming back to school from lunch.

.

.

I was just going to take a step further inside the classroom when I saw Harold hiding from me. His hiding spot is pretty much lame if you'll ask me.

"I know you're in there, Harold. Just come out." I walked up to where he was hiding. He looked up at me and grinned but he ran away. Pffttt... Scaredy Cat...

I noticed that most of my classmates who are girls were crowded at a corner and it seems like they were arguing on something I don't know.

"Teacher says only slight make-up will be put on!"

"But it doesn't fit on her!"

"It does!"

"It doesn't!"

"Slight!"

"Dark!" Oh I know. They are arguing about what make-up to be put on who knows. Childish. Immature. And yes, those are my classmates.

"WILL YOU STOP THAT?! THERE ARE MANY PEOPLE IN THIS CLASSROOM TOO AND PLEASE SHUT YOUR FREAKING MOUTHS!" Maybe, shouting isn't the best idea but I have to or these children will keep on arguing like little kids until our teacher arrives. Oh yeah. Our teacher isn't here to support us because she still has to go back to who knows where with Brielle but she promised that she will try to make it on time and this what happens when she isn't around. Mae could manage us but she isn't here either.

"Hey Harold! You gay!" I chased him around the room then outside until we found ourselves to the place where we did our tree planting program. We went to mine and my plant kind of made him laugh.

"You didn't even cleaned its surroundings." He chuckled earning a glare from me.

"Well, atleast help me clean this up and don't just stand there and laugh at my poor plant." I started pulling out the weeds that have grown near my precious plant. They have stolen nutrients that is supposed to be for my plant.

"Yeah, yeah. You better help me clean mine too."

"Yes. Now, help with this." We cleaned the plant's surroundings full of bickering and constant argument until he found a worm. A fun fact is that when I'm gardening and I found a worm while I'm working, I would freak out and stop what I was doing and thank God I haven't.

"Put it on the soil. It could help the plant to grow healthy." I could puke on my plant right no if it isn't for Harold.

"It could also help in stealing nutrients in the soil like parasites."

"But its a good parasite." He put the worm on the plant and so we left to go to his. His tree guard was kind of damaged and I was just standing there looking at it while he was busy getting the dry leaves out of his tree guard. His plant was healthy just like mine.

"I thought you said that the dry leaves will rot and become humus that will go into the soil to make the plant healthier." As soon as I said this, he stopped and turned to me before gathering the leaves from the plant again and out of the tree guard.

"Oh yeah. I did said that but I take it back because it would take thousands of years for it to rot." And after that, we went back to the room but I went outside because I got bored seeing the face of our room everyday and that's when I met Mae carrying a basketball.

"Hi Mae. Can I borrow your ball?"

"Sure. Here," She tossed me the ball and went inside the classroom. I followed her a minute or two and that's when Travis tried stealing the ball.

"Jace. Let me borrow the ball."

"No."

"Please. I'll give it back to you after five minutes?" He said more like a question.

"Oh come on. Here but you better give it back or you'll never see the daylights ever again."

I finall gave him the ball and he gave it back after five minutes like what he promised. But then, Mark tried stealing it again while I was playing with Harold then Kazimir. What's wrong with these boys and basketballs? Oh yeah. They are boys.

When I was already done dealing with my problem with those boys, I started hanging out with Kyla. I, sadly, gave the ball to them. Kyla and I was just playing when Cara arrived joining us and Kyla and I had just the perfect plan.

"Hi Jace. Hi Kyla." Kyla gave me the eye and I already know what that means.

"Sorry, Cara but we are just going to the school gym. Sooo... Bye?" Kyla said before we dashed out but Cara chased us and reached us. We ran back to the room and then, Kyla made Plan B.

I went outside while Kyla was inside. Cara noticed that we weren't going to leave her any minute or so because we weren't together. I joked with Harold then talked to Alexa and Tricia. When I saw Cara away from Kyla, I went to her and poked her side. She was just processing what I meant with poking her sides when she suddenly grabbed my hand and ran outside. We didn't really went to the gym but went to the creek in our school. We were just throwing pebbles when we heard that the principal was checking if the students were already in the gym. We panicked and ran to the gym but stopped before we could go further.

"What about our classmates?"

"Let's just leave them." Kyla can be so selfish sometimes.. hahahaa

"No. Come on." And for the third? or fourth? time, we ran back to the room. Some of them were already dressed for the one act play and others were helping them. James wasn't dressed because he had no basketball shoes but someone, thankfully, let him borrow his.

We walked (Yes, we walked) to the gym quickly because we are too tired to run. I went back to my seat this morning and James who was my seatmate decided to sit at the back and allowed Mark to sit with me.

.

.

.

.

We were laughing at the picture in my planner that was a man underwater and they were laughing because his butt was exposed. hahahaha

.

.

.

The presentation from the other Grade-VI sections were nice but some of them doesn't make any sense and I was actually nervous with a mix of excitement for my classmates to present.

.

.

.

Guess who won?

.

.

.

.

:P

.

.

WE WON! woohooo!!! Our teacher said that the prize money will be for our snacks on Monday!!!

***
Please vote and comment so that I would know who are still reading my updates.
Thank you,
  youraverage_girl