The Guardian Vampire - Ch.3

The Guardian Vampire: Ch.3

Tara could almost feel her heart pounding as her and Liam neared the house. She could sense all of the vampires and one very strong energy. She knew it was Aiden. Emotions were hard to feel for Tara after being emotionless for so many years, but she was almost sure that what she felt now was fear. Tara had met Aiden over a hundred years ago. He was her mistress' subordinate. Mair, her mistress, took many male subordinates but she always loved and cared for her female subordinates more. Aiden developed a hatred towards Tara the day Mair chose Tara over Aiden as her right hand. When Mair was killed, her spirit went to Tara. Therefore, making Tara the new spirit guide. 

Aiden tried to talk Mair into letting him be the spirit guide, but Mair knew Aiden's cruel intentions. Mair banished him from the small kingdom. Tara has been hiding from him since their last encounter. When he left her for dead. Tara thought she could trust him as Jarith had joined the clan many years back. What she didn't know is that Jarith was practicing dark magic and he wasn't the same Jarith she once knew. Jarith gave into the lies that Aiden would feed him. Aiden convinced him that Tara was his mate, not Jarith's. Tara shook her head at the nasty lie. In fact, Tara hadn't found her mate. Everyone would think it was Jarith as they shared a special bond when they were human, but that wasn't the case.

When Ethan went to Tara for assistance, she was reluctant, but she could never say no to her best friend. She owed him ever since he agreed to lead Aiden away from her and covered for her. Ethan posed as Aiden's loyal wizard when really he was feeding him lies. Giving him a taste of his own medicine for what he did to them. Aiden never noticed anything, as he was a vain, vicious, thirsty vampire. Aiden was most happy to have enchantment spells to let him see himself in mirrors, to be able to walk during the day light, and to be able to have protection charms around him.

As they neared the house, Tara smelled Aiden's disgusting scent and everything in her told her to run away. She looked over at Liam who looked as though he was concentrating on something. Tara had a sudden thought that maybe she could run. She knew that she was probably faster than Liam. As Tara was about to try her plan, two other vampires emerged from the side of the woods to run along side them. 

"Too late to run now, tiger." Liam said. "Why are you doing this, Liam?" Tara asked him as they were still running. "Anna...." He whispered. Tara doesn't respond to that because she knows if she does that it will just anger him. Anna was all Liam needed to say for Tara to understand. Liam had been devoted to Aiden for many years. Liam was nineteen when he was turned. He was madly in love with his fiance, Anna. Anna was pregnant with Liam's child. Liam, eager to show his soon to be bride his new powers, bit her and turned her into a vampire. Liam thought that if he turned her into a vampire that they would live happy, for all eternity. Liam and Anna waited for her powers to appear, but they never did. Yes, she was immortal but she felt pain everyday.

Anna feels pain for her unborn child that is still in the womb, after ninety-six years. Anna cries, screams, and curses Liam for what he did to her. After many years of no improvement and Anna getting more violent, Aiden decided to lock her in the dungeons, away from the human prisoners. Aiden must have promised to set her free or done black magic with the help of Jarith or any other wizard he had working for him, to persuade Liam it was for the best. 

They slow to a jog as the big yellow house comes into view. Tara notices that the house looks friendly and inviting. It reminds Tara of the gingerbread house where the wicked witch lives in the story Hansel and Gretel. There is no wicked witch inside, but there is worse. Tara feels the presence and cringes as a dark wave of black magic is set all around the house. Tara knows that her power to block black magic isn't very strong. Tara lets out a broken sigh as one of the vampires that joined them in the woods opens the door.