The Guardian Vampire - 7

Finally, on the second night someone was able to come down and give us an update on our escape. Bailley stood on the other end of the bar and greeted us. She sighed and extended her hand for Tara. She took her hand and looked up at her as Bailey began to speak to her through her mind. 'Ethan and Jarith have a spy in the house. He's going to help you guys escape.' She said. 'The only problem is we have to wait two more days for Aiden to be out of the house.' Bailey added with a slight frown. Tara's hunger could not be silenced for that long. Bailey noticed this and reached her arm through the bars to touch Tara's cheek. 'Hang in there, Tara. I tried to bring you blood but it's impossible to get anything down here with all the guards.' She told her. 

Tara nodded as she watched Bailey leave. There was a terrible emptiness inside her, one that made her sick. She knew she had to feed and soon. She looked back at her dungeon mates and swayed as the smell of there blood attacked her senses. She took shaky steps back to where she was sitting by Nathan. She felt him look at her, but she closed her eyes. "What's going on?" He whispered. "Two more days." Tara whispered back to him as she clenched her fists. Nathan must have noticed her discomfort because he touched her hand, reassuringly. The children fell asleep shortly after without even asking any questions. 

The third night was terrible. Tara laid in the cot, writhing in pain as Ashley and Alex stood back. She could make out their worried faces when they should be scared of her. Nathan had told them to stay back and it only made the tears worse. When a vampire didn't feed, they became weak. When a vampire was weak, they were able to feel emotions so that they could feel the pain of the thirst. Nathan stayed close to her the whole time. Not until she began to shake and yell in pain did he speak. "Tara, take my blood." He told her. 

Hours passed and Nate had started to beg her to take his blood. Tara couldn't do it. She was scared that she might just drain him dry. Besides, a vampire couldn't feed from a Demon could they?  Her thoughts shut off as a sharp pain attacked her chest. Her tears weren't helping as she was just losing more blood that way. She heard footsteps, but the pain was too strong to register what was going on. She heard voices, then yelling from Nate. Then she heard the laughter, Aiden's. 

She woke with a start only to realize that she had passed out from the pain and hunger. The pain came back, ten times worse then before. She screamed then let out a shaky breath. Nate came to her and she grabbed his arm, possibly a bit too roughly but she couldn't tell. "Just kill me, please." She begged helplessly. She saw him nod and go for something she couldn't really see. Her vision was blurry. She looked harder and realized it was a sharp rock, but a rock wouldn't kill her. What was he doing.

She watched as he took the rock and slight his forearm. Her eyes widened and the smell of his blood assaulted her senses. Instinctively, she jumped from the bed and landed on top of him. She bared her fangs, looking into his eyes.  Her natural instincts were telling her to drink, but looking into his eyes made her feel sorrow. She knew there was something wrong about drinking from him roughly. She closed her eyes and lifted his bleeding arm, kissing it softly before sinking her teeth into his flesh. 

Tara moaned, keeping her eyes locked on Nate's. She felt his pleasure and smiled. She drank from him, trying not to suck too hard. Being gentle would grant him more pleasure. She felt something she had never felt before while feeding, it was strange. Almost as if his pleasure rubbed off on her. Fear was a powerful reaction she was used to, but not this. He trusted her. She could feel it as she continued to drink. She watched as his eyes closed and she snapped out of it.

Panic had her jumping off of him and begin to cry. Guilt and regret filled her so strongly, she had no idea what was going on. She looked around and noticed Ashley's scare expression. She began to cry more, it was odd for Tara to cry. She felt a small hand touch her shoulder and looked up to see Alex. "Don't cry, Tara. He's gonna be okay." He said, pointing at Nate. She looked up and noticed that he was trying to sit up. She touched Alex's hand reassuringly and went over to Nate. "Why don't you lay down for a little bit?" She asked softly. 

She watched as he grinned and his eyes fluttered open. "That was pretty hot, Tara. Never knew you felt that way about me." He teased, ignoring her suggestion and sitting up slowly. Tara glared, "I nearly kill you by sucking you dry and the first thing you say is that was pretty hot?" She sighed. "You're insane Nate. I could have killed you." She said, wiping her tears. She looked up as she felt him touch her cheek softly. He smiled at her and she couldn't help but smile back. "If you wouln't have drank from me, I would have died." He whispered, rubbing her cheek softly. 

Tara smiled sweetly and wrapped her arms around him, hugging him tightly. "Thank you, Nate." She breathed. "I'll be nice and not fight with you for at least twenty four hours, okay?" She teased lightly. She had never been this close to him before. Ever since they first met, they had been fighting and lashing out at each other. Now, he was her only chance at staying alive. She pulled away as she remembered something. "How long was I in and out of sleep, while the cravings were taking over?" She asked. 

She watched as Nate looked into her eyes. "One more day and we are out of here." He said. Tara sighed in relief and smiled over at Alex. "You hear that, Alex? One more day." She exclaimed, then hushed her voice as she might have said it too loud. Alex cheered silently, but Ashley still looked scared. "I'm sorry, Ashley. I didn't mean to scare you." Tara said gently. She could imagine how Ashley felt seeing a vampire feed off of somebody. She watched as Ashley gave a light shrug and a half smile. Tara supposed that was good enough for now. Alex yawned and went to lay on the cot. She looked down and noticed Nate had fallen asleep as well. She laid her head back on the wall and began to play with his hair as everyone around her slept.