Chapter 7:Badges,Memories&League Battles

It's been about five to eight weeks since Green and Red left for their journey. They never lost a single match, made new acquaintances and rivals, and of course, build up their teams and collected badges.
Red's current team with him is Poli, who was now a Poliwrath due to an incident battle against Lt. Surge, Saur, who is now a Venasaur, Pika, a rowdy Pikachu that terrorized a small town, Gyara, a powerful Gyarados, Snor, a lovable, yet lazy Snorlax and Aero, an Aerodactyl that he revived with the Old Amber.
Green had his Scyther, along with his Charizard that used to be a Charmander, a Nidoking that used to be the Nidorino, a Golduck with powerful psychic abilities, a Machamp that Red helped evolve,a Ninetales that was caught during the switch that helped Machamp reach it's final stage, a swift and calm Venomoth that also tends to be a worry wart ,and a Pidgeot who was very loyal and powerful. He even switches them around with a Porygon he won at the Celadon Game Corner.
Sometimes Red does the same with Nido, who now goes by King since King is now a Nidoking and he prefers it that way, King's mate, a Nidoqueen named Queen, a mutated Eevee called Vee, a Dugtrio called Dug, a Sandslash named Slash, a Butterfree named Free, a Parasect names Sect, a Exeggutor named Egg, even a Victreebel named Vic, over his fear of the pokemon and many more.
They met a girl named Blue who stole Professor Oak's Squirtle, who is now a Blastoise named Blasty, when she met Red and Green met again, she was shocked amd jealous all of their pokemon were shiny. They just said they were just "very lucky". It wasn't exactly wrong. Red and Green also commonly stopped Team Rocket from any evil schemes they had.
Red was reminiscing on many of their misadventures. He remembered how scared he was when he was going to
battle Brock because of the large audience. But Green stuck by him and they both earned their Boulder Badge.
It took a while for Red to earn Pika's trust, but it was worth it.
He remembered when Blue tried to scam him with some items, but Green stopping her from tricking them.
He remembered reviving Aero from the Old Amber Giovanni gave him.
He remembered stopping Lt Surge from hurting anyone and Poli saving him and becoming a Poliwrath due to a random Water Stone he found.
He remembered being in Lavender Tower and there being a doppelganger of Green and his Charmeleon acting like they were under mind control and trying to attack him and the zombie pokemon.
That part scared him so much on their journey, it took Red three whole days just to leave his room in the pokemon center's hotel.
He remembered catching so many of his teammates in the Safari Zone.
And he remembered fighting against Lt Surge, Sabrina and Koga to stop them from controlling and destroying everything with ZapMolCuno, the fusion between Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres.
He remembered the battles, he and Green never lost once. Separately, their pokemon were strong, but together, they were unstoppable!
Red and Green were getting ready for the Pokemon League Tournament,
but Red looked sad. Green was puzzled. Red loved pokemon battles.
"Red? What's wrong?" Red looked up with tears in his eyes." I...I don't wanna battle..." Red confessed, Green was shocked. He knew for a fact Red loved battles so much. He was anticipating this tournament since day one! "Red? What do you mean?"
Green asked, shocked, but more concerned. Red started crying and said "I-if we made it to th-the finals..Th-then..W-we'd have..have t-to b-battle..." Green was even more shocked. Red didn't want to battle Green? Red explained that after all they went through, he couldn't bear the thought of battling him. If Red lost, he'd be ridiculed, but if he won, Green would be so heartbroken since he went on this journey to make his parents and grandfather proud.
Green smiled and hugged Red. Red was surprised.
"Well, if it comes to that, we'll both do our best. And who ever wins..Well, no hard feelings, right?" Green said, Red hugs him tight, crying harder.
Green simply hugged back.
It didn't take long at all for Red and Green to pummel their way to the top, and as Red feared. The two were the finalists. However, a twist came very soon.
When they get to the arena, the announcer said "Attention everyone! There has been a change of plans for the final match!" Red and Green were obviously confused, but the two sees Professor Oak and Blue get on one side of the ring.
The announcer continues "Instead of the finalists battling each other to be champion, they have a chance for both to be the champions! They need to defeat Professor Oak and one of the defeated challengers, Blue!"
Red and Green were shocked by this.
But at the same time, excited and happy. They don't have to battle, they have a chance for both to be champion.
The referee comes up.
"The special final round will begin! All trainers have three of their pokemon on the battle with their partner's three pokemon. The side where all of the pokemon are unable to continue, we will determine the winner! Battle begin!"
Professor Oak sends out an Exeggutor, Electrode, and a Magmar,
Blue sends out Blasty the Blastoise, Jiggly the Wigglytuff, and Clefy the Clefable,
Green sends out Charizard, Golduck, and Scyther,
and Red sends out Poli the Poliwrath, Saur the Venasaur, and Pika the Pikachu.
The battle begins with Blasty using Hydro Pump in Charizard's direction, but Saur blocks the attack, luckily, with him being part grass, it didn't do much.
Magmar then goes after Saur with Fire Punch, but Golduck blocks it, being a water type really helped. Golduck used Hydro Pump on Magmar, knocking him out easily.
Clefy went after Poli, but Scyther defends with Slash, badly hurting Clefy.
Exeggutor goes after Golduck, but Poli defends Golduck with an Ice Punch, knocking out Exeggutor.
Pika then used Thunderbolt on Blasty, knocking him to the ground, bit not out of the fight.
Jiggly attacks Pika with a Body Slam, but Golduck used Psychic and got her out of the way.
Electrode rolled his was to Poli, but Saur gets him away with Razor Leaf, hurting him badly, but still standing.
It took many hits and attempts, but Red and Green finally did it. Combining Poli's and Golduck's Hydro Pumps, Saur's Solarbeam, Scyther's Swift, and Charizard's Flamethrower in one attack, they won the Pokemon League.
"And we've seen it here folks! Kanto's new League Tournament Champions!
All the way from Pallet Town, Red and Green!"
The announcer said excitedly.
Red was in shock. "D-did we..really win?" Green had a smirk and said "Yeah. We did."
Red started crying and hugs Green, all with a smile. "I-I can't believe it! We really did it!"
Red was in complete shock, but was so happy. He and Green fulfilled their dreams!
Oak and Blue went over to the winners.
"That was a great battle. I'm very impressed and proud of you two." Oak said with a smile.
Red was confused. "Wait, why did they make the change in the final round? " Green nods and says "That's a good question. Why did they do that?"
Oak smiled and said "Well, I figured you two wouldn't want to fight each other, so I made a wager with the head of the league that if you made it to the finals, he'd pull some strings to have this happen." Red and Green were pretty shocked that he actually went through with that.
They were awarded with their prizes and had a celebration in their honor.
But..if only Red knew what would happen next.

To be continued.
(Sorry that it's been a while with this and sorry it's not super long)