Chapter 11 - A Scientific Mystery

Aquarius

Sagittarius and Leo have been missing for two whole days. They never came back from their detention with Ms Medea.

Whatever Ms Medea may or may not have been hiding, she wasn't going to tell anyone soon. 

Actually, why would our science teacher be behind anything? She's just a science teacher, for Heaven's sake!

I was on the way to the free period room when out of nowhere, a vent panel fell on my head.

"Ow!" I complained, rubbing my head.

"See, you idiot!" A voice said. It seemed to be coming from above me. "You just hit Aquarius on the head with a vent panel!"

A second voice laughed. "Me? An idiot? You're the one who told me to get rid of the damn thing!"

"I didn't mean drop it on someone's head!"

I looked up, and saw an air duct above me, but the vent panel was missing, so there was a hole in it. I decided to step away so I wasn't directly under the hole.

"I'm going down." The first voice said. There was a twang in that voice that sounded vaguely familiar.

Someone or something jumped down from the hole in the air duct. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw who it was.

"Sagittarius?" I asked, my eyes widened in shock.

She brushed some dust off her ripped jeans. "Hey there. Sorry I got you and the rest of the squad worrying, but Leo and I just found-"

She was cut short when a second figure jumped down from the air duct as well. Both of them lay spread-eagled on the floor.

Sagittarius got up, brushing more dust off her shirt. "Leo! I didn't tell ya to jump yet!"

The blonde haired male beside her was also brushing dust off his body. "Jeez, you were taking so long!"

I was still standing there, in shock. Sagittarius and Leo got up and turned to face my direction, but they said nothing.

"Well, it's nice of you two to acknowledge the fact that I'm present, but can you tell me where the hell you've been?" I asked.

Leo ignored me and started looking around. "Is there an empty room here?"

I was starting to get impatient. "Look, we can talk about whatever you want to talk about in the dorm. At least tell me where you've been."

"Now, those two things come in a package." Sagittarius explained. "We'll explain them both in the dorm. Whose dorm are we gonna go to?"

~~~

"Wait, hold on." I said. The three of us were sitting in the living room of the boys' dorm, sipping on ice cold lemonade. "So our science teacher is actually a super powerful sorceress who is working for some guy who both want to kill us? And they're going to take over the world?"

"Universe." Leo corrected me.

"Yes, I get the point." I put my cup of lemonade down. "And so during your detention, you two stole a bunch of weird chemicals, broke into Ms Medea's secret underground lair, stole some scrolls, and escaped through the vents?"

Sagittarius drank her lemonade like she was taking a swig of wine. "Mhm. Why are you asking us? We've repeated this three times already."

"Sorry, it's just hard to believe." I examined one of the bottles of chemicals Leo took out from his stolen bag. "What is this even?"