Chapter 1 - High School

16 Years Later

Aries

"Come on, you idiot." My sister Scorpio tapped her foot on the ground. "We're going to miss the train to school."

"Give me a few minutes, will you?" I quickly zipped my bag and slung it on my shoulder. "It's the first day of school. We don't need to hurry."

"Aries, the school is around an hour away." Scorpio reminded me, combing her fingers through her jet black hair. "We don't want to be late on our first day."

"Relax, sister. We're not going to be late." I grabbed my two luggages, switched the lights off and walked out the door after my sister.

We stepped out from our house on West Barclay Street. I looked back at the house, knowing that it would be a few months before I saw it again, assuming that I didn't get expelled before Christmas.

"Ah, good ol' Long Island." I looked back at our house. We moved in here a year ago, just before we started school. Before that, Scorpio and I were living in an orphanage not far from this house. The orphanage director, Ms Helle, used to live where we lived now. She decided to buy a new house and let us live here. Scorpio says she's like a mom to us, and I agree. She's been nothing but kind to us the moment we arrived at the orphanage.

Scorpio, seeing me staring off into space, decided to slap me.

"Ow!" I rubbed my right cheek. "What was that for?"

"Hurry up." She replied. "We've got 15 minutes to catch the train."

We hurried to the train station, luggages trailing behind us, bags on our backs. The journey to the train station was pretty uneventful, Scorpio commenting every once in a while that I should hurry up. On the way, we stopped at a Starbucks and got some coffee.

"Sis, the black coffee again?" I asked.

"Oh shut it, Aries." Scorpio huffed. "You get the Americano every time we order."

True. I thought.

Shut up, Aries. The voice in my head (Which was also me, mind you) said. You can't let your sister win this argument

Do you remember the last time you tried to keep arguing with your sister? I told myself. She roasted you pretty hard in front of your friends.

I was about to walk into a pole when Scorpio stopped me.

"Watch your step, idiot." She chided. I shook my self awake, both voices in my head (Which were both me. How weird) subsequently quieting down.

We made our way onto the train, sitting down on the seats as we sipped our coffees. It took 45 minutes to get from Hicksville (the city we lived in on Long Island) to Penn Station, where we would be changing trains to Manhattan, where our new school was. During the whole train ride, Scorpio and I sat there in silence, which was pretty unlikely, considering that we argue almost all the time. After a silent 45 minutes, my sister and I got off the train, with me throwing my empty plastic coffee cup away. Scorpio doesn't need to throw plastic cups away, since she always brings a reusable coffee mug. I think it was something about her project about plastic pollution last year that made her say no to plastic.

On the way to our next train, I recognised into a blonde haired male busy studying at the huge map mounted on the wall.

"Leo!" I shouted from across the station.

The blonde male turned around, revealing gingerbread brown eyes and a smug grin on his face.

"Aries, mon ami! Ça fait un bail!" He made his way through the crowd to me, dragging his suitcases and a short, brown haired boy along with him.