[𝒻𝑜𝓊𝓇]

What are you doing here? You ask yourself as you stand in front of the expensive-looking entrance gate in your posh-looking uniform. And what's with this uniform. It's expensive in a whole different level (it's 300,000 JPY, how much is it in USD- how many zeroes are there again? Thank all heavens, the bureau subsidised it for you). Not to mention, the design is such a tight fit to your dismay. What's with these cuffs and puff shoulders? And if it weren't for Japanese fresh air, you knew you'd be choking to death because of this collar.

Focus! As much as you dislike your current predicament of being tasked to this mission. It's still in your interest and pride as an agent to make sure that it is accomplished smoothly. Also, you are subjected to the honour of being supervised by the one and only superintendent. Yeah, you have to show that old man that you are true to his expectations since it's most likely that Normie might have endorsed you to him for him to entrust you with a solo mission in Japan. Although technically, you are not by yourself, since Mr Goldberg has prepared you a local dispatch team in case a larger operation scale is necessary. And boy, the idea that you have the power to command these people sounds amazing.

Just thinking about it makes you wish that bad people would start attacking this place immediately.

You are immediately brought out of your trance by the sound of childish giggles that come not far from where you are standing. You turn around a bit to find little girls skipping their way into the campus grounds. The youthfulness radiating from their action makes you feel a tad guilty for having wished something bad to happen to these children.

"Hey, have you been to that famous Michelin pudding atelier? They have finally opened a Japanese branch, like finally!" you hear one of the girls speak very enthusiastically. As expected from youth, but why does the topic sound so off to you? Was she just gushing over about pudding? But did you just hear...

M-Michelin pudding?

"Umm.. but it feels more exclusive to just go to Italy, don't you think? It's hard to regard Budino that's sold locally as true Budino,"

"I suppose, you're right. I like the one that they serve at buffets in Milan Fashion Week,"

You can't help but stop at your tracks upon hearing those words.

Gosh, there is no need to take back your jinx. These kids are probably more pretentious than nouveau riche people on Youtube. You cringe as you recall their conversation.

There is a buffet at Milan Fashion Week?

Regaining your composure, you calmly take another breath.

You suppose this might take you a longer time to get used to than you originally expected.

Calm down. You're not a rookie in this, you recomposed your thoughts and tried to remember the preliminary background information you have gathered about your mission in this place beforehand. Besides, this reminds you of that one time you went undercover to a fancy charity party with Norman. That was hell.

But you can do this. You have to do this. 

And you have always wanted to go here anyway. After all, he should be here.

Right?

***

Wow, it is a really high-class academy, you thought to yourself as you observed the extravagant architecture of the campus. Quickly shaking it off, you go through your inauguration email in bitter amusement. Because of the elaborate preparation required, you had to miss the inauguration ceremony. Way to go at making your presence a lot more obvious, don't you think? However, the superintendent brushed it off saying that the fact that you come from a 'rare' background is already profoundly unusual anyway. Maybe he's right because you could not even comprehend what those grade-schoolers from before were conversing about.