noChapter 9

Lyssa's POV*

Im roughly shaken awake by large hands. I look up and find Rin without his gas mask staring down at me coldly. "Its been a while, Lyssa."

"Same to you, Rin."

"How's your mom?"

"She's fine."

"Is she still.... You know..."

"Yeah. Sometimes she barley notices me."

"Its a pity.... First it was Mira. Now its you."

"Do you miss her Rin?"

"No. It's in the past now."

"Why did you volunteer?"

"Because of Nemesis."

"Who?" I look at him skeptically.

"Nemesis. She's a girl i met the day before. She isnt from the Sanctuary. I could smell it."

I grin. "You and that amazing nose of yours." I laugh and he let's out a small chuckle. He ruffles my hair.

"Lyssa. I promise to protect you. It would be what Mira would want and Mrs. Heider would you know," he twirls his fingers around his temple.

He hugs me and i hug back. "Thank you... Rin,"

"Its no problem Lyssa." He holds me in his arms in a brotherly manner. "I want you to be the one who tells my parents. Not the council." I feel him nod.

"everyone else is outside eating. You should too."

I look at him and he stands up. He heads out and follow. We go into a room were everyone else was sitting at tables with large plates of breakfast foods. I grab some delicious looking blueberry pancakes and sit in the corner table.

I see Rin take a seat next to the 'Nemesis' girl and sigh. "Look who has a new girlfriend..."