Big Day

Today is the big day, the day of the Beach City talent show. Needless to say, you were nervous as heck. You had practiced the song with Steven several times, and even added a small dance routine-to Steven's delight.

It was a couple hours until the show began, and you were finishing up your last practice at Steven's house before the performance. You laid down on the cold floor of the dome, trying to calm your hot jittery body. Steven joined you on the floor, looking over at you with a smile.

"You nervous?"

"What does it look like?" You breathed with a shaky laugh. His hand touched your elbow, trailing down your arm til he held your hand.

"Trust me, after this, you'll hardly be nervous in front of anyone... Remember that bet I made when we first met?" He asked and you nodded.

"You've already improved so much at your job. I've seen it; I've been there. If I didn't know any better, I'd say you're already a people person." He winked. You only gazed at him, knowing it wasn't true, but said nothing.

The boy stood up, lending you a hand. Pulling you off the ground, he continued,

" We should start getting ready for the show."

You headed down the stairs together, and you snatched the duffle bag you brought with you earlier, taking out your favorite summery fun dress. You ran to the bathroom, excited to get changed.

After giving your new outfit a twirl and fixing your hair a bit in the mirror, you walked out of the bathroom. Steven was waiting for you by the front door, looking out to the now setting sun.

" I'm ready." Hearing your voice, he turned immediately. Steven's eyes sparkled at the sight of you, looking you up and down.

"W-wow... Uh, you look great!" He fumbled, running a hand through his hair. You giggled in response.

"Thanks... Should we walk to the stage then?" You asked, and Steven nodded slowly, opening the door for you in a gentlemanly fashion.

Once you made it to the platform built for the show on the beach, Steven met with Sour Cream, who was managing the music and sound, to make sure your song would play correctly. In the meanwhile, you sat on the platform in the back, behind the main stage, watching the sun set.

You heard footsteps behind you and a person sat beside you.

"Show's about to start." Your heard Steven's familiar voice. You fidgeted with your hands, feeling nervous again. This is sooo out of your comfort zone. The young man gave your shoulder a gentle nudge.

"Hey, I'm gonna be with you the whole way, by the time we're both on that stage together, you're going to forget any fear you have." You smiled at his encouragment.

"Thanks, Steven."

💫

Here we go! This is it. This is it. You were waiting behind the makeshift curtain set up to cover the participants and bundles of equipment, refreshments, etc. You could hear Sadie and Shep singing one of their news songs, and the cheers of the crowd.

Despite this seeming like a big deal, the whole event was quite casual and fun, but you couldn't see it past your wall of anxiety building up. You stood, waiting til their song was over, so you could go out and.... humiliate yourself.

Suddenly, a warm hand much larger than your own, held your shaking hand. It was firm and steady, reassuring. You looked up to see Steven give you a grin and a wink.

"You're gonna do great."