Popcorn and Cuddles

You've had your head in the fridge for probably ten minutes now, just cooling your face off. The fridge starting beeping a while ago, signaling it was going to lose its temperature.

You heard the stairs creaking behind you, immediately knowing it was Steven.

"Hey, don't let my food go bad." He chuckled. You quickly closed the door, turning around with awkward grin.

"Sorry." You squeaked out.

"It's alright." You glanced up at him, and the both of you quickly looked away. You fidgeted in your spot while Steven rubbed the back of his neck. This is so awkward.

"Uh, have something in mind?" Steven asked. Oh you certainly do have something in your mind. You can't stop replaying the scene that just happened a little bit ago.

"Hm?" You tried to act cool.

" I mean, is there a certain food you want?" Steven entered the kitchen with you.

"Oh just.. just something to snack on. I'm not sure."

Steven moved to the cabinets, opening one close to the microwave. "How about some popcorn? We might as well watch a movie with it."

You nodded, "Sounds good."

Steven placed a bag inside the microwave, and when it was finished, he dumped the contents into two bowls. Handling one to you, you followed him upstairs to his room, where a collection of movies were stashed.

After picking out some random Disney film you both made yourself comfy on the bed. Well, not really. Comfy would be snuggled up to each other like you have for the past week, but right now you were about two feet away. You hated it, and so did Steven.

Hardly into the movie, Steven had already had enough of it. He flicked a piece of popcorn at your unsuspecting face. You turned to him with a confused look. He threw another, but you caught it in your mouth, and proceeded to eat it as you stared at him.

Holding your silly death stare, you shoved your hand into your popcorn bowl, and shot a piece of popcorn back at him. He caught it too.

"This is war."  The boy stated, throwing another piece. You caught it again.

"If you wanna win this so called "war" , you're gonna have to try harder than that. " You smirked, sitting up on your knees. Steven backed up and you threw a farther one at him.  The popcorn hit his nose but fell into his mouth anyway.

He quickly chucked a popped kernel to your side and you dived for it, flopping on the soft bed. It went back and forth like this for a while, until you caught your next piece.

"Oww!" You held your hand to your mouth, "I bit mah tongue." Ugh, worse feeling ever. You bit it hard too, it tingled and throbbed in pain.

"You okay?"

"Yeah. I'm good, just hurts." You replied, sticking your tongue out. He threw more popcorn past you without a reply.

"Ugh, Steven! It hit the floor." You whined playfully, and turned around to grab it, not noticing Steven's mischievous little smile form behind you.

When you turned back around, he quickly flicked another piece of popcorn at you. You caught it in your mouth immediately but complained.

"Hey, you can't throw two pieces in a row-" you said as you chewed the popcorn, but then you suddenly noticed, your tongue no longer hurt. In fact, it was like it never happened at all.

You rubbed your tongue against your teeth and the inside of your cheek, confused. Steven stifled a laugh which made you finally realize what happened. You gasped.

" Did you lick that piece of popcorn?!?"

Steven bursted out laughing at your reaction. You grabbed a pillow and proceeded to whack him with it.

"You. Are. So. Gross!" You exclaimed, lightheartedly, while hitting him with every word. He kept laughing.

"Hey-hey! Haha, I did you a favor! A thankyou would suffice!" He ripped the pillow from your hands so you tackled him on the bed.

"I can't believe you." You pretended to be upset, looking down at him, your hair falling past your face.

"Ey, no harm done, right? Quite the opposite actually." Steven raised an arm, tucking your hair behind your ear, both your cheeks showing a light pink. You couldn't help but lean into his hand. 
Feeling more confident, Steven wrapped his strong arms around your waist, bringing you down with him. You laid your head on his chest, listening to his heartbeat quicken.

One of his hands was still splayed on your lower back, but the other was back on his chest. You held his hand, rubbing your thumb over his knuckles. He was so soft, the definition of a big cuddly teddy bear. His hand overlapped yours, giving it a squeeze.

"You wanna just go to bed? I don't think either of us wanted to watch that movie." Steven asked softy, seeing you were both out of it.

"Yeah." You sighed. You got up slowly, picked up the popcorn bowls and set them aside. Steven turned the TV and the lights off, and fixed the bed up. You two laid under the covers.

Feeling awkward again, you laid slightly away from him, but Steven wasn't having any of that. He outstretched his arm to you.

"What are you doing over there, get over here!" He whispered playfully. So you scooched over and he wrapped his arms around you as you laid your head on his chest again.

"This is nice." You mumbled. Steven hummed in response. You drifted off to sleep fairly quickly due to the cocoon of comfort around you.

💫

By morning you two had moved around. As you woke up, from sleeping on your side, you found you were trapped, but certainly didn't mind it. Steven still had his arms around you, spooning you from behind. You blushed, feeling his face nuzzle into the back of your neck.

The soft yellow glow of the rising sun urged you to get up, but should you? You didn't want to wake Steven, he needs all the sleep he can get... But you're hungry- a tough decision.  Steven decided it for you though; you felt him shift and take a deep breath behind you.

"Mmph" He groaned, waking up. You giggled a bit.

"Uh, rise and shine."

"Noo. Too early." Steven whispered and you blushed, hearing his deeper hoarse voice. He buried his head further into your back with a low hum.

"Steevenn I'm hungry" you whined, trying to escape his grasp. He only pulled you closer.

"Five more minutes. We can make pancakes or something later..." He mumbled, so you stayed, putting your arms over his.

You eventually convinced him to get up, and you both make pancakes in comfortable silence. You watched amused as Steven made his way through the kitchen and fridge like a zombie, grabbing syrup and strawberries.

After you ate, Steven drove you home so you could get ready for work, and let your mom see that you were still alive. When the car parked in the driveway, he looked to you.

"Guess I'll see you in a few hours, when I stop by to 'grab a donut' " he smirked. Steven must've figured out that you saw through his old excuse a while ago. You huffed with a grin.

"Sounds good to me." You opened the car door, but paused. Mustering up all your strength, you quickly turned around and gave his cheek a quick smooch. His eyes widened as you shyly turned, about to hop out of the car.

You felt him grab your forearm, stopping you, but before your head turned to look at him, Steven leaned over, placing a soft kiss on your own cheek. You were stunned, feeling the butterflies fester in your stomach.

Steven sat back in his seat, satisfied, "it's only fair." The obvious blush on both of your faces proved it. You giggled, and hopped out the car.

"See ya in a few hours, when you come to see me." You smirked, and shut the door, leaving a flustered Steven in the vehicle.

There's some fluff for everyone who died in the last chapter, including me lol. Hope you enjoyed it! 💕