Tide Pool Passion

This chapter was inspired by the song above; listen to it if you'd like 🎶♥️.

It's been a couple days since Connie visited Steven, and you noticed he was still sad sometimes. It was pretty easy to catch, Steven had a quite bubbly personality, so when he's not like that, it's easy to pick up on.

You wanted to do something nice for him, to cheer him up. It was quite a hot day outside, so you planned to take him to one of your favorite places- it was a secluded part of the beach near your house, where the tide pools are filled with little sea creature surprises. You often visited the place and thought Steven would enjoy it as well.

You texted him to arrive at your place when it was low tide, and to wear a swimsuit. He seemed excited. You got dressed in your favorite swimsuit, threw a little sundress on top, and pulled your hair up in a pony tail.

You packed a lunch as well, predicting you two would be hungry afterwards, and avoiding any meat for Steven's sake. You then packed your beach bag with the lunch, some towels, and sunscreen. Slipping on your flip-flops, you made your way outside the house just as Steven pulled up in his car.

"You sure you don't want me to drive us there?" He asked, hoping out of the car. He was wearing his usual black shirt with a star, and pink swim trunks.

"Nope! It's like a 5 minute walk, no need to waste gas, right?" You replied happily. He chuckled,

"You know my dad's rich, right?"

💫

You led Steven to the area, walking through the sand to get to the tide pools. You could feel the heat seep through your flip-flops during this bright, sunny day.

There was a very large, flat, stone surface right before the wet rocky area filled with small tide pools. You placed your bag there, as Steven pulled off his shirt. You also took your sundress off, revealing your swimsuit. Grabbing the sunscreen, you looked to steven and was slightly flustered. This was the first time you've seen him shirtless. Sure, he was kind of chubby, but still very strong looking, and hot as heck. But besides that, you were happy that both of you were comfortable wearing swimsuits around each other now.

"H-hey, do you need any sunscreen?" You asked. Sunburns are not cool, literally. Steven turned to you, eyes looking you up and down quickly. You weren't the only one  flustered. He played it off,

" Oh, pshh nah. I can just heal my myself if I get burned." 

" You can't exactly kiss your own back, Steven." You said plainly. "Turn around." You sprayed his back with sunscreen while he replied,

" True, but I can lay in a puddle of my own spit."

You giggled, "eewww!" And finished putting the sunscreen on him, and covered the front half of yourself before handing the can to Steven.

"Can you get my back, please?" You blushed a bit, turning your back to him. He brushed your ponytail away, fingers grazing your neck, and held it up as he put the sunscreen on your back as well. You heard a light snicker from him,

" You need this less than I do. I could definitely kiss your back." He said, placing a smooch on the back of your shoulder, but grimaced, getting a taste of the sunscreen.

You shuddered, knowing exactly what he just did without seeing it. ' as if it wasn't hot  enough already!' you screamed inside your head. You turned crimson and turned to scold him,

"Steven!!" You whined, but he was already running off, giggling like a total goof. You watched him hop from rock to rock over the small pools of water yet to be explored. You huffed, feeling jittery, but your heart also swelled up with joy, seeing him happy. You ran off, following him.

Steven and you inspected the tide pools for various creatures and seashells, while kicking water at each other to cool off. At one point you came upon a golden yellow starfish (or sea star if you're technical) and carefully picked it up. You showed it to him, ready to hit the boy with a joke-

" Steven, look! The star on your shirt has escaped!" He let out a big laugh, making butterflies fill your stomach.

"That was pretty clever." He grinned.

💫

You two were back on the flat area of rocks,  tired of the exploring and sitting close together. Both of you were starving as you anticipated. While eating your lunch, the sun began to set in the cloudless sky. The light just so happened to hit your eyes, so that Steven could see every little speck and color in them.

"Fyour eyez arf fweally bpretty" he said through a mouthful of apple. You giggled.

"Pfff, what on earth are you saying?"

He swallowed and stated once again, " your eyes are really pretty." You shyly smiled.

"Yours are too" Steven looked surprised for a moment, but sunk.

"Eh, you're just saying that, my eyes are plain. "

"What?! Nuh uh, I mean it! Your eyes are so comforting and warming. Not plain at all." You reassured him. Steven gazed back at you with half lidded eyes, quite... Lovingly?

You both laid down on the warm rock, sunbathing, and using rolled up towels to cradle your heads. Steven sighed, looking at the sky and feeling very content. He's been quite stressed lately and you've definitely made his day, week, even.

He turned his head to you, seeing your relaxed face, eyes closed, and soaking up the sun. Gazing down at your hands, lying on the rock next to his, he thought. Just a little bit, and I could hold her hand. He very slowly inched his hand toward yours, trying to muster up the courage and make a move. You shifted a bit, and he quickly retracted.

💫

Eventually you packed your things and walked back to your house in tired, comfortable silence. Both your feet ached from walking around on the hard ground earlier.

You stepped inside the house, Steven following close behind. You sighed, feeling refreshed and slightly energized by the coolness of the house. You urged Steven to get a shower at your place so he wouldn't have to go home feeling gross, and after finally agreeing, he grabbed a change of clothes from his car.  You also got one afterward, washing all the saltwater off.

When dressed again in some soft clothes, you joined Steven on the couch in the living room. You were both completely exhausted. Steven had his head propped up on one of the armrests and you did the same on the other side. Your legs tangled together in the middle of the couch as the two of you drifted to sleep.

Your mom came home to you two still napping on the couch, and decided not to disturb you. After taking a quick pic of the scene, she made dinner, which rose you and Steven from slumber. You smelled a delicious aroma coming from the kitchen.

You had to drag Steven to the kitchen table, because he felt embarrassed he was still at your house. You insisted he stayed for dinner, and you three talked amongst each other happily for the rest of the evening.

This was my favorite chapter to write so far, I squealed myself a few times while writing it 😆. Hope you got the same out of it as I did! Thanks for reading. 👋