Thank You For Saving My Life

"That was wonderful!" Keith said with a smile on his face. "I've never seen or read anything like it."

"Thank you, thank you. Yes, good show, wasn't it everyone," Kolivan said as the kitchenware started to all head back into the kitchen to be cleaned up. "Oh my, will you look at the time," Kolivan said as he glanced at the clock hands on his face. "Now, it's off to bed, off to bed!"

"Oh, I couldn't possibly go to bed now," Keith said with a shake of his head. "It's my first time in an enchanted castle."

"Enchanted?" Kolivan said with a slightly nervous chuckle. "Who said anything about the castle being enchanted?" both Kolivan and Lance glanced nervously at Keith as a fork ran by on its way to the kitchen. "It was you, wasn't it!" Kolivan snapped at Lance and bonked the candlestick on the head.

"I, um, figured it out for myself," Keith said which made both objects turned to him in confusion.

"How?" Lance asked in surprise.

"Well when you read as many books as I have, you learn a thing or two."

"Makes sense, I suppose," Kolivan said with a small smile.

"I'd like to look around, if that's all right," Keith asked as he stood up out of the chair.

"Oh! Would you like a tour?" Lance asked with an excited smile.

"Wait a second, wait a second. I'm not sure that's such a good idea," Kolivan said, stopping the two, their smiles fading from their faces.

"Why not?" Lance asked in disappointment.

"We can't let him go poking around in certain places, if you know what I mean," Kolivan whispered quietly to Lance.

"Perhaps you could take me," Keith said leaning on his elbows. "I'm sure you know everything there is to know about the castle."

"Well, actually, ah yes, I do!" Kolivan said as he jumped off the table, leading Keith and Lance out of the room.

"Nice one mullet," Lance whispered to Keith with a smile. Keith groaned at the nickname once again but followed after Kolivan.

_______________________________________________________

Shortly into their tour, a footstool ran up and ran around Keith's legs happily. Lance had introduced the footstool as Black. Kolivan continued to lead Keith down a hallway with statues of armour on either side of the hall.

"As you can see, the pseudo facade was stripped away to reveal a minimalist rococo design. Note the unusual inverted vaulted ceilings," as Keith walked by the statues, their heads turned to watch him. "This is yet another example of the neo-classic baroque period, and as I always say, if it's not baroque, don't fix it!"

"Yes, Kolivan funny joke," Lance said a roll of his eyes. Kolivan glared at the candlestick but continued on.

"Now then, where was I?" Kolivan turned as he felt eyes facing their direction. He turned and saw the statues heads turned. "As you were!" Kolivan snapped, the statues quickly turned their heads back the right way and Kolivan turned back to the group. "Now, if I may draw your attention to the flying buttresses above the--Keith?" Kolivan asked as he did not see the boy anywhere.

"Over there!" Lance exclaimed as he pointed to where Keith was beginning to climb a set of stairs. The pair quickly ran over and blocked his way, Black running up beside Keith.

"What's up there?" Keith asked.

"Where? Up there? Nothing. Absolutely nothing of interest at all in the West Wing," Kolivan said to which Lance shook his head in agreement. "Dusty, dull, very boring."