Dinner and a Show

Shiro growled lowly as he paced back and forth in front of the fireplace. The dining table had been decorated with many dishes for dinner. Lance and Hunk were standing on top of the mantle, watching Shiro pace on all fours.

"What's taking so long? I told him to come down. Why isn't he here yet?!" Lance and Hunk jumped back in surprise at the outburst.

"Oh, try to be patient, sir. The boy has lost his father and his freedom all in one day," Hunk said as Shiro resumed his pacing.

"Uh, master. Have you thought that, perhaps, this boy could be the one to break the spell?" Lance asked, to which Shiro stopped pacing.

"Of course I have," Shiro snapped at the candlestick. "I'm not a fool," Shiro said softly.

"Good," Lance said as Shiro returned to pacing once again. "You fall in love with him, he falls in love with you, and--Poof!--the spell is broken! We'll be human again by Midnight."

"It's just not that easy, Lance. These things take time," Hunk explained with a soft smile. Though he understood where Lance was coming from. He to, was eager to become human again.

"But the rose has already begun to wilt," Lance protested with a frown.

"It's no use. He's so handsome, and I'm so...well, look at me!" Shiro said as he turned to the pair on the mantle and gestured at himself.

"Oh, you must help him to see past all that," Hunk said with a gentle smile.

"I don't know how," Shiro answered as he slumped in front of the fireplace.

"Well, you can start by making yourself more presentable," Hunk said as he jumped off the mantle and hopped up to the table. Shiro turned and watched the teapot in curiosity. "Straighten up, try to act like a gentleman," realizing the teapot was not kidding around, Shiro straightened himself and made his face all serious.

"Ah yes, when he comes in, give him a dashing, debonair smile," Lance said as he shot Shiro a smile to show what he meant. "Come on, show me the smile," Shiro smiled as as he did, all his sharp fangs were present.

"But don't frighten the poor guy," Hunk said with a soft smile.

"Impress him with your rapier wit."

"But be gentle."

"Shower him with compliments."

"But be sincere."

"And above all..."

"You must control your temper!" as the pair spoke in unison, the group turned at the door slowly opening.

"Here he is!" Lance said as an expectant smile grew on Shiro's face.

"Uh, good evening," Kolivan said as he entered the room. A little confused on why his master was smiling like he was.

"Well, where is he?" Shiro growled out, smiling fading from his face. Kolivan suddenly remembered why he had headed down to the dining room in the first place.

"Who? Oh! The boy. Yes, the, ah, boy. Well, actually, he's in the process of, ah, um, circumstances being what they are, ah... he's not coming."

"WHAT!!!!!!!" Shiro yelled out angrily and stormed out of the dining room. He headed straight for the room where Keith was staying. Behind him followed Lance, Hunk, and Kolivan.

"Your grace! Your eminence! Let's not be hasty!" Kolivan yelled out as the trio raced after their angry master.

"I thought I told you to come down to dinner!" Shiro yelled as he banged on the door, though he had enough sense in him to not enter without being allowed to.