Chapter 5

"Ow! Not at me!" I yelled, as Thorn shot out a blast of fire. She jumped around my room; knocking stuff down left and right. Thorn was now the size of a small pony. She'd grown too big to fit in my backpack since two days ago. I'd been hiding her in the forest near the house, but training her in my room was getting harder.

"Kat!" My uncle called. "What's going on up there?"

"Heheh. Nothing! Just um, practicing gymnastics!" I answered quickly.

"You don't do gymnastics!"

"Bye! Going outside!" I yelled, as I ran out my door. My room was on the top floor, but from outside, the house looked like a one-story house. That was because my uncle usually did his research on the main floor, which is underground. I shoved Thorn out the door first. She was now the size of a pony.

"Hey! Watch it!" Thorn yelled, as I squeezed her through the door frame.

"I need to learn how to ride you." I explained. "Stay right there. I do mean it." I ran back into my room, and downstairs. Uncle Will was on the phone.

"Yes, okay, I'll put you on with her." He said. He handed the phone to me.

"Hello?" I said into the phone.

"Hello. Are you Kat Williams?" A man asked.

"Y-Yes." I stammered.

The man's voice suddenly got very rude. "Give me that dragon! It was mine in the first place!" I gulped, and ran out to the stables where we kept a horse. Domino, our horse, whinnied when she saw me run in.

"Your dragon! I found that egg! It was never yours in the first place!" I yelled. "You are not taking my dragon!"

"Well," The man went on. "just keep an eye out. I will get you, Kat. Revenge......." The man hung up, leaving that annoying buzzing noise. I grabbed a saddle, and ran back to my dragon.