Chapter 2

Yay! No school today! I thought as I climbed out of bed. I looked around my room, and realized that it was a mass of destruction. I immediately thought of the rock, for some reason. I threw open my closet door, to find all of my clothes in a heap. I started to dig to the bottom.

"Ow!" I pulled back my finger. Blood was welling up on the top of my finger; as if someone pricked it with a needle. I saw a red shiny thing at the bottom of my pile, and yanked it out. There, in my hands, was a smiling baby dragon. I screamed.

"What the heck?!" I yelled a little too loud. I heard footsteps coming up the stairs to my room. I shoved the dragon back into the pile of clothes. Uncle Will opened my door.

"Why were you screaming?" He asked.

"Oh, just um, practicing in case something happens." I smiled like an idiot. He gave me a skeptical look, and went back downstairs. I breathed a sigh of relief, and picked up the dragon again.

"Oof!" It sneezed a little puff of smoke. It then pointed to it's mouth. It was hungry. I carried the dragon over to my bed, and pulled out my laptop. I searched: Baby dragon gender first. I read: Male baby dragons have sharp horns, and a sharp tail. Females, have dull, rounded horns, and a smaller tip at the tail. I searched my baby dragon. It had dull horns, and a smaller tail.

"You're a female." I said to it. A name... I thought. "Hm...How about, Rose?" She shook her head. "Petal?" She shook it again. "Thorn?" The baby dragon smiled. That was her name.

"Forn!" Thorn puffed. She pointed to her mouth again. Food. "Hungy!" She whined. I checked my watch. 6:30. Good. I ran downstairs, and brought up a chunk of raw steak. I put it on the floor in front of Thorn. She scorched it in a flame.

"I didn't think dragons had to cook their meat." I said. Thorn yawned, leading to me yawning too. No school. I can sleep in. I scooped up the dragon, climbed into my bed, and went to sleep, with Thorn next to me.