Chapter 25

IMPORTANT NOTE: To those who have read this chapter before I unpublished it, you guys might want to read this again (or you can skim through) because this one is different from the last one.

Chapter 25
~*~
(Grayson's Point of View)

The next day, I went to school by myself. It's not that I'm disappointed or anything, I just thought that Serena would come to our house in the morning like she always did.

Tss. Why would she even go to my house when she can go straight to school? Stupid...

Upon arriving to school, I still have a little more than twenty minutes left before the classes begin, so I decided to go to the bleachers in the football field.

Nobody's there since football season's already finished. I lied down on the bleachers and put my earphones on.

*Now playing: Cold Coffee by Ed Sheeran*
(Check multimedia and listen to the song with Grayson if you want.)

🎶 She's like cold coffee in the morning
I'm drunk off last nights whisky and coke
She'll make me shiver without warning
And make me laugh as if I'm in on the joke 🎶

Hmm... I wonder where Serena could be right now. I'm still trying to figure out why she acted weirdly last night. It's as if she's found out something really important.

🎶 And you can stay with me forever
Or you could stay with me for now 🎶

I checked to see if she left me any messages, but of course she didn't. She never texts me. Psh.

🎶 Tell me if I'm wrong
Tell me if I'm right
Tell me if you need a loving hand
To help you fall asleep tonight 🎶

It annoys the hell out of me that I'm always thinking about Serena. Serena, Serena, Serena! Get out of my damn head, will you?!

🎶 Tell me if I know
Tell me if I do
Tell me how to fall in love
the way you want me to 🎶

Ugh! I hate this feeling—whatever the hell I'm feeling right now! (>_<)

"Grayson."

I immediately opened my eyes and sat up straight when I heard that familiar voice.

"K-Katherine?" I stuttered.

My heart flushed at the sight of her. Not because I'm disappointed to see her, but because she looks miserable. She looks so exhausted from I don't know what. And it breaks my heart to see her like this.

"What are you doing here?" I asked when she didn't say anything for a second.

She forced a smile, but it was only for a second. It was as if she's really forcing herself to smile at me. But her eyes seemed to be empty. I can't tell what she's thinking, I don't know how and what she's feeling right now... It's like she's isolated from me.

"Can I talk to you for a moment?" she asked, her facial expression remained blank.

I took my earphones off and hesitantly said, "s-sure."

I don't know what she wants now, but I can't help but feel obligated to hear her out. I'm not even scared of her because I can feel that it's the old Katherine again and not that monstrous vampire she becomes sometimes.

"Do you still have feelings for me?" she bluntly asked, and I can tell that she's serious. She added, "do you still care about me?"

It took me a second or two before I could speak, and it was difficult for me to utter a single word.