Chapter 23

Chapter 23
~*~

Right after school, I immediately went to Serena's classroom to fetch her. I have no idea what has gotten into me, but I suddenly have this feeling that I want to help her or something.

But before I could even enter the classroom, I saw her head propped down on the table as if she's sleeping. Nobody's trying to wake her up, not even the teacher, so I went inside and walked towards her.

She is sleeping. Tss. How can she sleep here? And why isn't anyone trying to wake her up?

I was about to pat her shoulder and tell her to wake up, but a guy named Ivan came up to me and said, "if I were you, I'd keep my distance from her."

There's an amused look on his face, and I only looked back at him confused.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I don't know, man. She just sat there, lied her head down, then closed her eyes. We didn't even try to wake her up because she was so mad. She even gave our teacher a death glare and told her to shut up," he said in an amused way, while he's shaking his head. "I don't even know how she didn't get sent to the office for doing that, but we just kind of ignored her then."

"S-Serena did that?" I said, trying to hold in my laugh.

"Yeah, dude. Anyway, I have to go. See you later," he said, and I only nodded my head.

I kneeled down to take a look at Serena's face again.

She's so fast asleep. I never knew vampires could even sleep. Psh, who am I kidding? I never even knew vampires existed.

"Mr. Collins, right?" The teacher suddenly spoke. I turned to look at her. "They called for a meeting, but I'll be right back. If your friend decided to wake up and leave, please turn the lights off and close the door on your way out. Okay?"

"U-Uh, yes ma'am," I answered.

She half smiled at me and immediately took her stuff then made her way out of the classroom.

After making sure the teacher's really gone, I looked at Serena again and...

"Holy shit!" I yelled as I immediately jumped back, making me bump my head on the desk. "Ow! Ugh!!"

I was startled! How can I not be? Her eyes were wide open, and they're vibrant red!

Serena sat up straight while shaking her head, "your face was inches away from mine. Tss."

"Y-Your eyes..." I trailed off. "They're r-red."

She took a deep breath and closed her eyes.

"I'm really thirsty," she whispered to herself, but I still heard it.

"C-Can I h-help you in a-anyway?"

She looked at me with a teasing look and said, "Would you really help me?"

"Y-Yes...?"

"What if I tell you that the only way you can help me is by letting me drink your blood?" she said seriously that made me feel goosebumps all over my body.