Chapter 18

Chapter 18
-*-

Shit. She's compelled you.

It kept on repeating inside my head, and it won't stop!

"A-Are... Are you s-sure?" I stuttered, breaking the awkward silence between me and Katherine.

"Yes, I'm positive."

I closed my eyes and slightly shook my head.

"I think I'm gonna go," I said after taking a very deep breath. "I... I can't process all of this. I need time to think everything through."

"Okay, I understand. But please stay away from Serena. She won't do you any good."

I stood up and didn't answer her. I rode inside my car and drove away until I made it back home.

As soon as I got there, my mom hurriedly went towards me and put a hand on my neck to check whether I'm sick or not.

"Grayson, hun, are you all right? You look pale! What happened?"

I nodded my head and said, "I'm fine. I just need some rest."

"Okay, go to your room and have plenty of rest. I'll cook your favorite soup and bring it up there later."

I just told her 'okay' and made my way upstairs to my bedroom. As soon as I get there, I lied down on my bed and closed my eyes.

It's barely six o'clock, but I already feel so tired of this day that all I want to do is sleep and escape from reality.

Serena promised me she will never harm me, but Katherine told me Serena's lying. Serena told me I can't trust Katherine, and now Katherine confessed that she's a vampire but she intends to protect me.

Now who the hell am I supposed to trust?! Whose side am I going to take?!

And then there are visions... It's the same one I've been having for last couple of days!

Why does it keep playing in my head all of a sudden?! What does it mean?! Who are those people?!

"Grayson, here's your noodle soup. Eat up, so you can feel better."

I was brought back to reality as soon as my mom came into my room.

"Mom... Why didn't you knock?" I said.

My mom looked at me weirdly and said, "I did. I knocked like four times but you didn't say anything, so I just entered your room."

"O-Oh, you did?" I scratched the back of my head, embarrassed. "I didn't hear..."

"You must be thinking very deeply," she said then sat down on the lower part of the bed and looked me concerned. "What's up, Gray Gray?"

I chuckled at the sound of her calling me Gray Gray. It reminds me of all the times when I was younger... Some of the times actually because now that I think about it, some of my memories from my past are blurry. Whenever I try to think of something from my past, I get weird ones. Really weird ones.

"There are these visions that keep popping inside my head," I finally answered. "And they feel like... like my own memories. There's a man and woman about your age also a kid around ten-years-old who's crying and crying... He was left to you. The man and the woman gave that little boy to you to... to protect him, to protect me... Is that real or is it just a false memory?"