Chapter 2

Chapter 2: New Student
-*-

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I woke up at the sound of my alarm clock. I stood up and went to the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror after I washed my face and thought, That was the scariest fucking nightmare I've ever had in my entire life.

My mom called for me downstairs, telling me that the breakfast is already prepared and that she'll be leaving in five minutes. I wore a white shirt with black leather jacket and black jeans that match with my black shoes. Yes, I actually wear something cool. I took my school bag, put on some perfume, and then check myself out before I head downstairs.

"Gray, you have a visitor!" my mom yelled from downstairs. She sounded excited--something I haven't heard in a while. But wait... A visitor? I don't have a visitor? I never even ask anyone to come over our house. The only person that's been here was Katherine, my ex, but it doesn't count since she was outside by the front main door.

I hurriedly went downstairs and to the kitchen, and my eyeballs nearly popped out as soon as I saw who the visitor was. It's that scary girl from my nightmare whose name is Serena Blake! So it wasn't a dream, then? It was all real?! Damn it!

Serena is sitting down besides my mother, already eating the breakfast that mom prepared for me. I walked closer and sat on my seat.

"Sorry, hun, I told her to start eating while it's still warm," Mom said, smiling. Why would she be smiling? She doesn't even know her.

"Go eat, Grayson. We're going to be late," said Serena. Her eyes are teasing me, and I can feel my face heating up. She's playing with me. Hell no.

"You know, you're the first girl that Grayson actually asked to come over," my mom said cheerfully. "He invited Katherine, but he didn't make her go inside."

"Who's Katherine?" Serena asked, obviously intrigued by the topic. I looked at my mom and gave her a death glare, and she just gave me a 'yikes' look. Whatever happened between me and Katherine, stays between just me and her.

"She's my ex," I bluntly said.

Serena smirked and said, "Your ex?"

My mom coughed then said, "Anyway I'm off to work. You guys keep eating breakfast." Then Mom looked at me with a teasing look and said, "Gray, make sure your girlfriend does fine on her first day of school."

I choked, "Girlfriend?!"

Mom smirked, "All right, see you guys later."

Serena chuckled and said, "We'll see you later, Mrs. Collins."

As soon as my mom left, I stood up and was about to leave when Serena gave me a look.

"Sit down and eat breakfast with me," she coldly said. I don't know why, but I did what she said even though it was against my will. What the hell?

"Let's hurry up," I said quietly. I just kept eating, and so did Serena. We ate in silence. This is so weird.

"From now on I'll come over every morning to eat breakfast with you and go to school with you," she said without looking at me as she continues to eat her food.

I was going to argue, but that's against rule number one. The sudden appearance of her last night is still a mystery. As long as it's still a mystery to me, she's considered dangerous and untrustworthy. But what else can I do when she threatened to kill me if I disobey her rules?