Chapter 13

"Explain. Now!" I said feeling my commanding voice come off a little bit too strong but as a boss, you have to be serious when it come to your company. And I was prone to stress when it came to my company. It makes me sometimes a tad bit aggressive and harsh.

"Okay." She replied calmly. She was partially used to my blunt and sometimes harsh manner when it came to the stress that I handled. She first took it personally but got over after awhile. I told her after I lashed out her the first time to not take it to heart seeing as stress made me that way.

"Our stock holder are not liking what the heard on the news. "She began."The whole thing about you potentially going out with Demetri. Or more like the rumors about it."

I huffed in annoyance as I noticed myself say to pace back and forth. "That makes no sense! Why? I mean.. Even If I potentially was dating the guy, which I'm not. I wouldn't have to report me relationship status to them."

"I thought the exact same thing! The problem is that the stockholder don't like the idea of the rumors of you and him. They don't like how you are getting a bad image."

I felt my temper rise." How is that a bad image! They are just going to gossip! People gossip for a living!"

"They don't mind them talk about you but people saying that you are going out with more then one guy at the same time." My mouth gaped. So I'm being a two timing cheater. Great. That what I need in my life, honestly.

"What?" I felt my face scrunch up in confusion." Why would they think that?"

"They have pictures of you and Rex and other picture of you and Demetri. The media can manipulate it how they want. And I'll be honest. If I saw that. I would believe it. That what they do for a living. "

I messed my hair up in frustration."Why does this has to all
be about money?! Petty stockholders!"

"I feel the same Abs but there is nothing I can do about it but report it and warn you about it." She said sincerely.

"Are you sure that there is no other possible way to fix this?"

I didn't know how but I need to fix this problem. Anything to stop my stock holders and convince to stay would be great. I needed an idea and I needed it now.

There was a long pause ."I've been thinking. And it's just my idea and I'm not sure it would make you happy." She rambled ,unsure of herself.

"Go for it." I urged out of desperation.

"You have to confirm it to the media and to the stockholders about the truth." She said quickly.

"To the media? Why the media?" What would telling the media fix all this? They are the pathetic ones who start making a mess Out of my life when it was going just fine. Or was about to go just fine.

She gave an half heartily laughed. "Believe it or not Abs, you are pretty popular or quote on quote , famous."

"How ? I mean why?" I asked confused and slightly mind blown.

"Our company is pretty famous Abs. You work so much you don't even realize it. Don't you remember doing those photo shots and interviews." I nodded recalling the horrible moment. It's not like I hated doing it its just hard when doing a photo short and changing into all these different clothing that probably won't show up int he magazine."And let's just say that Demetri has had his fair share of movies?"

I stopped pacing and my face feel."Movies? As in acting?"

"Yeah... He's an actor." She simply stated even though this wasn't simple at all.

"Oh. My. God. What. Have. I. Done?"I said felling myself understand why this was more of a problem then it should be. This guy was popular! Demetri's famous! What the heck is going on?!

"That's why the gossips are bigger, the problems are bigger, the stockholders reason to dislike this is BIGGER! Abby! How could you not know this?! You watch a bunch of movies!"

"I know. I know." I face palmed myself about a million times just in a few seconds." How can I be so stupid?"

"I know! I found out in a magazine claiming, 'Demetri's finally tying himself down with Abigail Washing's'."

I covered my mouth in shock."Shut up."

" I can't shut up cause it the pure truth. I it weren't for my sudden desire for Oreos I wouldn't have gone to the Supermarket and saw it."She replied back and I groaned. Why does this have to happen now? When things were starting to get better?

"Wait." I said pausing myself to think and then it hit me." How does Rex know him?"

"Didn't you say that he knew him because he was defending his catering business? He's an actor who owns a catering business. He's one rich guy I can tell you that for sure."

I rolled my eyes at the last comment."Yeah but.. How could they have become this close and Rex have not told me about his acting career?" I said feeling the lack of information make me feel betrayed.

She was silent." Oh...Was Rex hiding something?"

"That exactly what I was thinking!" I said raising my hands in exasperation. I didn't want to believe that my boyfriend was lying me but I couldn't help my mind wander on into its curious state.

"Hold on. I'm going to search it up. I saw the photo of you guys in the magazine but it didn't say anything about him. Or I could have missed it from the shock."

I waited as she searched it up feeling the impatience grow within me like a savage animal.

I heard a gasp." What?! What is it?!"I asked.

"Abby." She paused."Rex isn't a lawyer."

I grabbed my chest as I felt my breathing become hard." What do you mean?"I breathlessly questioned. Please tell me he didn't like to me.
Please. He's the only good thing happening my messed up life.

"Abby. He-They work with each other."

I relaxed a little but not enough to betray myself and not expect for this all to be alright ."Yeah I know the case. What about it?" I said rushing her to answer.

"No .He's an actor Abby."

My ears seem to hear it but my mind didn't catch it. I was lost for words and the only thing that came out of my mouth was loud and slows breaths.

She didn't even believe what she was saying when she told me the truth. You could hear it in her tone that she didn't understand it either. It was much of a shock to me as it was to we. It was if we didn't know Rex. Maybe we didn't.

"Rex is an actor Abby."

****

Rex an actor?!?! I see why he's a good liar now. You shouldn't has done that Rex .Bad choice dude

Short ,I know but I did this on purpose because... I know what I'm doing guys!

The mean side of my brain-" SHE LIES!! SHE DOSENT EVEN KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH THIS STORY LET ALONE HER LIFE!

Me-" LEAVE PEASANT NO ONE ASKED FOR YOU INPUT!! "

Ps.. The mean side might be right.. At least half right ... XD

GOBBLE !!!

GOBBLE!!!

HAVE A HAPPY THANKSGIVING !!!!

BYE !!!😊