Drinking and Dancing

mariella

"You look....very nice." Theo said with a cough as we stood out in front of the house getting ready to apperate. 

"Thanks, i feel much better now that i am not in heels." I said with a laugh. 

Draco passed out the address and we all left in an echo of cracks.

I landed in a small back alley and looked around to see the rest of the group there, gaining a sense of there surrounding just as i was doing. Draco walked to the back of the alley and tapped on a series of bricks with his wand. 

A dumpster on the side wall shifted and gave way to an open doorway that unfurled from the bricks. Draco lead the way as we walked in, toward the sound of banging music. Eventually it opened up a little to a little larger hallway where people were lined up waiting to get into the club. 

Draco lead us past the line on the side all the way up toward the bouncer where, after taking one look at Draco, Blaise, and Theo flicked his wand and opened the door to let them in. 

"The power of money." Draco said with a scoff, laughing at himself. 

Inside lights flashed and a spell had been cast to allow a light haze of smoke to be cast over the whole dance floor. 

"Im going to go get  a drink!" Theo yelled

"Me too." I said following him toward the bar as Gin and Pansy made a bee line for the dance floor, Draco and Blaise in tow. 

"I swear Gin doesn't know sleep." i laughed sipping my drink as I pointed toward Ginny who was dancing like we hadn't already been dancing for hours. 

"Draco doesn't either i swear he lives off of Firewhiskey and spite." Theo replied, making me snort into my glass. 

A sudden wave of anxiety enveloped my chest, giving me an aching feeling.

"Hey I'll be right back I'm going to run to the restroom really quick." I stood up to leave and Theo shot a concerned look toward me, but only nodded in reply.

I made my way through the crowds of people, muttering excuse me every time i bumped into a person, which was often. 

Pushing open the door to the bathroom i looked to see if anyone else was there, but the room seemed pretty quiet except for the music still blaring beyond the now closed door. 

I rushed to the sink and ran some cold water over my hands. Forcing myself to take a few deep breaths. The enormity of the crowd outside hitting me very suddenly. 

Gripping the edge of the sink i forced myself to focus on the feeling of my own chest rising and falling. 

My head began to spin.... i was spiraling. 

The door shot open with a creak and two giggling girls stumbled in. Pulling me from my own trance. I excused myself as they tumbled toward the sink, i straightened myself up and headed back out into the loud club.

I walked back out into the club to where i had left Theo, but he was no where to be found. 

So i took back up my place at the bar, not really feeling like dancing, and continued to sip my drink. 

"I can't help but notice that you look a lot like my next girlfriend." I heard a voice say next to me.