almost done and the night is young

mariella

Turning around quickly I saw the last person I expected to see standing in the doorway of the balcony. 

"Viktor? What, what are you doing here." I sighed standing up and walking toward him. 

"Im sorry have we met before?" He said raising his eyebrow.

"Oh just briefly." I covered quickly. 

"I was wondering if you would want to go on a walk with me?" He asked, his accent had almost completely disappeared i noticed. There was only the hint of a lilt in his voice now. 

I turned around to see the group. Blaise had turned to look at me, and as he did so Theo followed his eyes. Blaise smiled and nodded his head. Telling me to go. 

"Sure, but just a short one. I don't want to leave my brother alone for too long." The reality was that i didn't want to be stuck in too long of an awkward conversation. 

"He seems like he can take care of himself." Viktor stuck out his arm for me to take. And i did, gently. 

theo

I watched as she walked off toward the outer edge of the garden with Krum. Something in my heart sunk. I liked when she was around. I turned back to the group quickly, best not to get too wrapped up in whatever sinking feelings were making their home in my stomach. 

"We better get back in Mum will be missing us come on." Blaise said dragging the group away from their conversation and back into the bustling party. 

I tilted my head up and looked far off into the night sky. The stars seemed so much farther away than they did when we were little. 

I swear that when we were little they were so close that if we really tried we could touch them. 

"Theo, mate, you coming?" I turned to notice Draco standing at the door, everyone else was already gone. 

"Yeah." I stood up dusted off my dress robes and jogged over to catch up. 

mariella

"Are you sure we haven't met?" Viktor said as we wandered around the edge of the garden. 

"I told you-"

"Oh no sorry i mean are you sure we havent, talked before? I swear i know you..." he paused, "Or maybe im crazy." 

I smiled a little bit, "If i told you, you wouldn't believe me. Besides i think its quite useless to dwell on the past. I always say. Learn from the past. Live in the present. Look to future." 

"That's a good motto." He stopped walking, "Im sure you've been harrassed by enough gentlemen tonight." That would be an understatement, "I just want you to know that, i guess im here to throw my hat into the ring with the rest of them..." 

I had figured he was doing that. 

"You're very beautiful. And in...in a non-creepy way I've heard how you talk to people you have a very lovely way of speaking. Intelligent and kind. I guess i just wanted to tell you that i find you very- intriguing and that if you would let me i would like to take you out on a date." 

I held in a sigh. Another proposal for a date that was just a cover for wanting to get into my parents vault. 

"I-"