lots of red heads

"I found out I was adopted." The phrase seemed appropriate. I hadn't been told, I had merely found out.

"I went looking for my birth parents and..." after I said this there would be no going back.

But when has there ever been a chance of going back. My life had never been about backtracking, always about finding a new way to push forward.

So I pushed forward.

"The Zabini's... they're my birth family. I've been living with them for a while. It was all pretty sudden. And that's the highly simplified version but.....yea." The clock on the wall suddenly became very interesting. I couldn't bear to see Mrs. Weasley's face.

What would she think of me now?
I was the same person but. Was I?

She took a deep breath and tapped the table with her wooden spoon. The sudden noise diverted my gaze back to her.

"Dear, how do you feel?" Her voice was kind and my nerves died down slightly.

"I'm confused. And....scared...." I said ashamed. Where was my Gryffindor courage?

"Well whatever you need. We'll be here. And if you need a place to stay, we'll be here. And if you need a warm meal on a cold day, we'll be here. What I mean dear is, you'll always have a home here. You have a lot going on, and it seems rightful that you're confused and scared but....in the ends it will all work out- it usually does." She stood up, and began to move back to the stove before pausing. "If you plan on staying for dinner-I feel it necessary to tell you everyone is coming tonight."

She didn't need to explain anymore. I knew what it meant. It meant lots of explaining. It meant lots of people after months of separation. But most of all it meant facing what I had been avoiding.

Who I had been avoiding.

Harry and Ron.

I nodded, suggesting to her that it would be okay. Despite my own inhibitions.

There was a loud thudding down the stairs and what sounded like the slight crash of something to the floor. A muffled string of curse words followed before a tall redhead stumbled into the kitchen doorway.

"Gin you were supposed to tell me when she got here." George whined.

"She just got here, don't get your knickers in a twist." Ginny shot back.

Walking over, George sat where his mother had just moved from.

"So-"

"Let's skip the formalities. And go down to the Apple orchard and play Quidditch." I cute him off.

George hesitated, "You hate Quidditch."

"That's true," I began, "but I'm willing to learn."

He was right. Quidditch was not one my list of favorite things, but it was something to do. And logically playing a game would provide another area of focus other than the slightly tense air that would exist.

"Alright!" Ginny exclaimed, seeming rather proud as if she had been waiting for these moment. "Brooms are in the she'd outside let's go!"

Once again I was yanked to my feet and pulled through the doorway without warning.

Near the orchard George caught up, just as Ginny let go of my hand.

"How's life in the most mysterious family to walk the earth?" George asked as Ginny clammered through the shed in search of equipment.

I couldn't help but to chuckle, "It's fine. I guess. Still a but weird."

He nodded, kicked the grass, "It'll get better."