Hermione-Mariella Zabini

Hermione now found herself in the dining room of the Zabini manor.

She sat there and had now organized her questions as best she could. They went into the categories of:

•questions about herself

•questions about family history

•questions about Blaise

•questions about her mother and father

And the most daunting section of her brain-

•questions about what they do now

She sat looking at the sandwich in front of her and that's when she felt a pair of eyes on her she jumped as she turned around to find Blaise Zabini.... her brother.

The association was still fresh in her mind-slightly strange.

Not bad-just strange.

"Hey." She said softly.

"Hey." He walked into the room a bit and shoved his hands into his pocket.
"I um-I sent the guys home. I told them I'd talk to them later-you seemed-I didn't want to.....it might have been too much at once."

Hermione's POV
"Thanks." I stared down hard into the table.

"I know it's a lot-and you don't have to stay here and it's so much to take in and there is a lot going on. But if it's okay I would really like to get to know you. I mean we know of each other but I'd like to you know. God damn I sound cheesy. Forget it-"

"No-" I looked up and met his gaze.
"I want to talk, you're right. You should sit." I motioned to the chair next to me.

"Really?" He moved closer to the chair.

"It's your house so yeah." I took a bite of the sandwich and realized how long it had been since I ate.

"Well it's your house too," he chuckled.

"Yeah I guess it is now. " I took another bite.

"Okay so let the cheesy get to know you questions begin. Favorite color?" He rubbed his hands together as if trying too keep warm even though the house was plenty warm.

"Blue- any shade. How about you?" I smiled.

"Purple actually." I chuckled a bit at his answer. "I mean- not powdery light purple -rich dark purple. " I nodded at the knowledge making a mental note.

There was a silence. Then he spoke-

"Pineapple or Mango?"

The question was bizarre and strange it sounded wrong in my ear, I must've heard him wrong.

"What?" I fumbled with the edge of my jumper.

"It's a basic question and something that I feel I should know. I mean what if one day I want to get you a smoothie and I don't know!? What if your allergic to it!? What if I accidentally kill you because I didn't know you're allergic!? This is a very serious question-Pineapple or Mango?"

I smiled a bit. "Pineapple. "
I thought for a second, chewing a bit of my sandwich.
"I'm not allergic to anything- by the way."

"Good to know- now I don't have to worry about making you a peanut butter sandwich and you dying-that is a good thing." He chuckled.

There was a silence. Not comfortable. Not awkward.

Just a silence.

"Blaise?" My voice came out almost a whisper.