10. Failing and planning

Alec woke ho when he heard voices; he identified one of them as Magnus' one but he didn't recognize the other one.

"No, Magnus, we can't get away from each other because then, there'll be more possibilities for them to catch us-..." That was the voice Alec couldn't quite recognize.

It was very deep, and definitely, a man's one; Alec was sure the man was older than Magnus.

"No! If we do that, there'll be less possibilities for them! I know they are a thousand more than us, but-..."

Magnus was cut off by the other man.

"Magnus. I know and understand, why you want to do this because, damn they're my family too, but... We should get more people to help us. We're just two..."

"Warlocks." Said Magnus, and Alec heard a heavy sigh, right before Magnus spoke again.

"Ragnor, we are only two men, but you can't forget that we are Warlocks too. Super powers, and magic, remember?"

So that second voice belonged to someone called Ragnor, thought Alec.

It didn't sound familiar.

Suddenly, Chairman, who had been in the Shadowhunter's arms for an hour and a half, and had been struggling trying to get away from the blue-eyed boy's strong arms who were squeezing him, let out an exasperated meow, and jumped to Alec's neck when he felt the Shadowhunter no longer squeezing his tiny body.

Magnus and the man called Ragnor stopped talking when they heard Chairman Meow's meow, and now they were both looking at the back of the sofa, waiting, trying to know if Alec was asleep or not anymore.

Alec, forgetting about the Warlocks' existence made it to take Chairman off his neck, (the cat had wrapped his legs around Alec's neck, and the blue-eyed was still wondering the reason why if Chairman's action), and lifted the kitty up, holding him there with his arms up.

"Alexander?"

Alec immediately lowered his arms, and held Chairman in his chest; he was so embarrassed because they had caught him listening, and he was sure they were going to scold him for having listened without permission.

"I'm... I'm so-sorry..." He stuttered out.

He heard a chair moving, and footsteps. A second later he saw Magnus' face, and Alec immediately blushed, which made Magnus smile a bit.

"What are you apologizing for?" The Warlock asked.

Alec looked at the cat, lying on his chest, and took a deep breath. "I-I was listening t-to your con-conversation... B-But I shouldn't ha-have... Be-Be-Becau-cause you didn't give me permission to do that a-and now you're an-angry be-because of-of..."

"Alexander, I'm not angry. And it doesn't really matter if you heard it. It's not important. Forget it, okay?" Magnus cut him off, speaking softly.

Alec shook his head, and surprised himself. He had always followed and did what everyone told him to fix and now, he was doing the opposite. Alec looked a bit scared at Magnus, waiting for him to be angry. He didn't seem to be angry. More like... Surprised.

"I'm sorry, Magnus... B-But from what I've h-heard... I know you're talking about an attack." He said.

Magnus turned a bit pale, but immediately smiled, and shook his head. "No, darling, we weren't talking about that..."

The Shadowhunter was about to reply, but he was cut off with a voice, coming from Magnus' behind.

"Magnus, why are you lying?"