4. Past

Magnus, Catarina, Alec and Chairman ate together, (Alec couldn't resist Chairman's cuteness, so he ended up giving the cat some of his food, without Magnus noticing it.)

They had put the bow behind the sofa, so Alec and Magnus could be sitting on the sofa, comfortably.

Alec avoided talking, so almost always he only listened to Magnus and Catarina discussing.

Chairman had fallen asleep in Alec's arms, who had lifted him up, and now the cat was against the Shadowhunter's chest.

Alec felt his eyelids heavier and heavier, until he fell asleep without noticing it.

Catarina saw him, how his head fell to his side, and closed his eyes, immediately falling asleep, with Chairman, asleep too, in his arms.

She moved her head pointing at Alec, and Magnus turned his head, to see Alec.

The Warlock snapped his fingers and Alec was laying down on the sofa, with a blanket covering him, and Chairman on his chest, asleep.

"I should leave. So you can rest too." Mumbled Catarina.

"You don't have to leave, if you don't want to... I'm not tired."

Her face was an unbelieving one.

"Magnus, you don't fool me. You look so tired, and for what you told me, you barely slept. Besides I gotta go to the hospital."

Magnus nodded, and he had to admit the girl was right; he was so tired and thankful to her.

"Okay, thanks." He muttered, right before standing up and hugging her, who had already stood up.

"I'm going to return tomorrow."

"You do that every morning, since 1714..." Magnus chuckled.

Catarina laughed, and disappeared through the Portal.

Magnus sighed and let himself fall down onto the sofa.

He looked at Alec to know if he had woken him up, but the Shadowhunter was still asleep; not even Chairman Meow had woken up.

Magnus laid down, with his head on Alec's feet, and his feet beside Alec's head.

He let out a sigh and closed his eyes.

The last thing he thought about, before falling asleep, was Alec's hand, brushing his own, where their hips were touching.

The Warlock woke up when he heard Alec's pants; or that is what he thought they were.

He opened his eyes and saw Alec sobbing, with his face full of tears, in his sleep; he was muttering something to himself.

"Don't... P-ple-plea-se d-do-don't te-tell the-them... Plea-please..." He was moving his head from left to right, as if he wanted to say no.

Magnus sat up, and leaned over him a bit, while Alec continued asleep, crying.

"Alexander... Alexander wake up," The Shadowhunter shook his head and sobbed. "Please, Alexander, darling, just wake up..."

Magnus wasn't sure if Alec was awake or not, but he suddenly opened his blue eyes and looked at Magnus who was almost over him.

"Ma-Ma-Magnus... W-what a-are you do-doing he-he-here-e?" Alec said, while wiping the tears off his face.

He gulped, and Magnus saw his tensed shoulder, tense even more.

"I just heard you panting, well, sobbing, and I went to wake you up from your nightmare... I wasn't doing nothing else..."