Subway Boy

"Im on the subway! Im on the subway! Wahoo! Wahoo!" Riley was saying all sing-songy. "Come on Maya! Do it with me!"
"No" I say
"Come on"
"No"
She gave me a look.
"Wha... Wha... N... Fine"
"Im on the subway. Whoo."
However I said it not sing-songy at all. More like a monotone robot that is very annoyed. We stepped on to the platform. I saw all of my people. People who dont have all that others do. People with an unstable backround and life to fall back on. But there is one thing I have that they dont is a best friend to fall back on. Obviously that would be Riley. But not only do I fall back on her, she falls back on me sometimes too. It still confuses me how I could have such a good friend. Im broken, a nobody, nothing and she acts like she depends on me. I dont know how but, it feels good.
"Hey Maya?" I heard a yell across the room
"Hm?" I murmur in reply
"Who's the new chick?"
That was a mistake.
"Down here Im a chick? No wonder my parents dont want me here!" Remarked Riley.
The thing about Riley is she is very exitable and tends to make a fool of herself... a lot. But I guess thats when she falls back on me. Im the cool one. She is the, well, quirky one, I guess. It just works. This was her first time riding on the subway. The weird thing is that we weren't going anywhere in particular, we were just riding.
"Maya?" Breathed Riley
"Yeah?"
"Im creating a whole new me."
"What?" I exclaimed
"I want to be cool just like you!"
"Well," I searched around to find a guy Riley would think is cute. I spotted a guy about our age. He had blond hair and blue eyes and something about him that seemed like trouble. But when are we going to see him again, right?
"Lets see how cool you can be when you see that guy over there"
Riley, just being her quirky self starting doing this strange "oooh" sound and a strange... dance... I think. She looked at me. All bug-eyed and frighteningly happy. So I went over to him and had a "complex" "relationship". The whole "relationship" lasted about 2 minutes. Here is pretty much how it went.
"Hi Im Maya! I like you. Wanna go out sometime. Cool. It's not working for me. Its not you its me." Then I left.
He didn't say a word the whole time.
"He's free" I told Riley.
So, like any good friend would do, I pushed her. I pushed her right onto "subway boy", on purpose.
"Oh boy! This will be fun!" I laughed under my breath.
"Umm, hi" squeaked Riley, still shocked from the tumble onto his lap.
"Hi"
All the sudden a lady came to foil my matchmaking plans.
"Excuse me," The lady said with a frown. "Maybe you would like to let someone older have a seat."
Subway boy stood up to give er the seat.
"Not you pumpkin" She looked at Riley
"Please I just want to see where this goes" she whispered to the lady.
"Well I just want to see where this," she pointed at her behinng, "goes."
Riley tried to mope back but thats kind of hard when you are jolting every which way.
" Its okay honny" I told her.
She simply nodded. And thats how the story all began.