Chapter 12

Chapter 12

“I can't believe you did that! You're an idiot!” Shannon shrieks, shoving me. She's just a little, teeny, tiny bit pissed about the deal I made to save her and Alf, along with his pack. We're arguing in the kitchen of the Florida pack house, with a counter between us. I personally don't think that this is the best place for an argument, as since this is a house full of werewolves, there are a lot of sharp meat knives of various sizes.

“I had to! And I told you, it's not going to work. Love is not something that can be brewed. Trust me, I've checked. I had a sexuality denial stage in the 1500's.” I explain, once again.

“But you don't know that, not for sure! Maybe magic has evolved, updated, since you last checked! Like the cauldron 2.0! And even if it doesn't work, it could be your last reincarnation! And it might be a normal, human, easy to die reincarnation!” She rants.

“Look, I wasn't going to let him sleepy beauty you, because against contrary belief, you won't wake up with true love's kiss. You would be stuck like that forever, unless David broke the spell! Spell's like that, the person who made the spell would have to break it, and he would never break it unless I agreed! I wasn't going to let that happen! And on top of that he probably would have killed everyone in that poor pack! Jake the crazy Alpha was possessed by David! I had to!” I rant back.

“No, you didn't!”

“Yes, yes I did! I'm so happy that you care enough about me to want to give up your and dozen's of people's lives but that is not a choice for you to make! It was my choice, I made it! You hating me will not change it! I need a friend right now. That, and being around ready to kiss guys all hours of the day.”

“Fine, fine! You know what, you're right! But I can still be mad at you for it!” Shannon relents, reaching over and hugging me.

“Thank you.” I whisper.

“So, I have a list of stag houses prepared...”