Chapter 4

Chapter 4

We're back at Alf's house, if it is his house, yeah it probably is his house actually. I'm starting to regret my choice, even though I didn't have one. One the plus side I can't be injured for longer than like 2 minutes and I won't die, as long as Alf's alive.

I'm really close to killing him myself though, even if it means that the only boys around to kiss will be werewolves, who are what got me into this mess in the first place.

“Look, Charity, right? Do you want anything to eat, some water maybe? Possibly some scotch? Yeah, I'm gonna assume you need some scotch.” A girl around my age asks me. I would ask if they kidnapped her too, but I can tell she's a werewolf, which means she's almost definitly her on her own free will.

“You should know, that if you guys want to poisen me, I can't die unless Alf does, don't ask any questions, just trust me on this.” She looks at me quizzically, but shakes it off and replies.

“We aren't going to poisen you, you're part of the family now, and I know that you're going to have trouble understanding this, but Alf and our Alpha can explain, I promise, now here. Drink. Trust me, you're gonna need it with what's coming.”

“What, torture?” I ask sarcastically.

“No, not torture, answers. Look, I know you don't trust me, but I don't want to hurt you, and I hope that after this blows over and you understand that we can be friends.” She looks at me with saddness and pity. She's probably thinking, 'Oh, poor girl, she must be she afraid and scared. If only she knew.'

Oh, if only she knew.

“I'm sorry, but that's not going to happen. I'm going to go up there and listen to everything Alf has to say only because I have no choice, and after, if Alf is as good as the high tirer you put him on, he will let me leave if I choose, which I will.” I state, getting tired of listening to her pity and failed attempts at friendship. I really have nothing against her, but I can't stay, and I don't care what's up with Alf, kidnapping someone is wrong, and I'm not gonna forgive him and stay here because he thinks I'm his mate. Yep, figured that much out. And I know I'm not. For one thing, I'm not a werewolf, though sometimes a werewolf will have a human mate, but that's only happened about 100 times in known history, and that's not counting that at this point how human I may be considered could be debated in court at length. And even if I was somehow this mate, he would have known when he first saw me, in the gun swinger's yard, not hours later when we kissed. Also, I should have felt something, even though I'm aromantic, and I don't feel romantic or sexual attraction to anyone, I should have felt some connection, like strings tying our souls together. But nothing, zilch, which means that I am not his mate, and I never will be.

I storm up the stairs, abandoning the food and drink she prepared for me. I run through the house until I get to the top floor, as from what I've learned from past encounters of werewolves is normally where the Alpha normally lives, symbolic of the power tirer, and able to see any oncoming attacks. All I can think is too many stairs and isolated from everyone else. Which is ironically how I've lived one of my childhoods.

I walk into the room, not caring too much about knocking.

As I assumed, Alf and the Alpha-the boy from the night Alf dragged me to this house- are sitting in chairs and talking, both of already knowing of my presence as they stop talking. The Alpha doesn't bother to stand, but Alf gets up and grabs my hands, I'm assuming to lead me across the room, but I slap him before he has the chance.

“Okay, kinda deserved that.” He remarks. I slap him again.

“And that.” He mutters. I raise my hand again but he grabs my arm before I have the chance to slap him one more time.