Awake

Hey all! Thanks so much for sticking with me through "Alive" and "Angelic"! It means the world and Jupiter! I will post the third and final installment, "Awake", ASAP, after the NaNoWriMo period ends. You all are the best, and I couldn't do this without you guys! In my gratitude, here's an excerpt of what you can expect:

'August braced his palms flat on the table, leaning over in a casually threatening manner. "What's your name?"

"Jedidiah," the man replied easily, willingly, clearly seeing August as nothing more than a balloon full of hot air. His mistake.

"Okay, Jed." August straightened, pacing the area in front of the table. "Where's your bitch ring-leader?"

Jed's eye twitched. "Angel will not be found."

"Oh, I assure you, she will be. And I will gladly stick the knife in her heart when I do."

"She cannot be killed."

His blood boiled. "Everybody and everything can die."

Jed watched August for a long time, thoughtfully, before his eyes widened and something clicked into place. "Shit," he whispered. "I know why you're blowin' a hissy fit." A dangerous gleam sparkled in his eye.

August said nothing, staring at him with a hard gaze.

"Yeah, you mad about that Ellie girl," Jed continued, striking the one nerve he didn't dare even approach. August's entire body coiled tight, shoulders rigid, like a cobra ready to strike. All of this went unbeknownst to the Prophet, who was too busy goading him on.

"Man, you should have seen how they killed her. All bloody and slow and painful."

You son of a bitch, he thought. "Don't talk about her."

"But, why? I even got to sample the whore before they offed her. A feisty thing, let me tell you."

August knew he was lying, and only trying to rev his engines, but either way, it worked. Calmly, he walked toward the sneering Prophet, staring down with all the indifference in the world. He flexed the knuckles of his bad hand, feeling a twinge of pain, and thought, What the hell. They were already busted.

He drove his fist into the Prophet's face and felt the crack of bone beneath his fist.

"You don't . . . talk . . . about her . . . you son . . . of a bitch," August growled with each sickening punch to the man's face. Blood spattered the floor and his shirt, but he didn't care. All he wanted to do was cause damage. The lust in his blood for every damned soul who caused Ellie harm was raging. They all had a designated seat in hell.

August was the reaper, and he was coming to collect.'

~*~

There's a small taste! I hope all of you stick around, and I appreciate your support, again, more than I have the words to express! Stay awesome, and I'll see you for Awake :D

-EJ