Chapter Nine

AN: So just to clarify, there are actually Three Fates in Greek Mythology. I used some imagination and created a fourth. Atropos, Lachesis, and Clotho are the names of the actual Three Fates. Anyway, let's get back to the story.

The ghosts all looked up at us curiously

The ghosts all looked up at us curiously. They all seemed to recognize Clarissa and Rosalie and bowed.

"My Ladies," a ghost greeted them.

"Hello everyone," Clarissa greeted them.

"Who is this?" a woman asked.

"This is Avalon Winter, daughter of Hermes," Rosalie replied.

"Welcome My Lady," a woman told me.

"Thank you," I replied.

"She's pretty," a young girl stated. I smiled and she turned to me. "Which of the Fates do you call yours?" she asked.

"Callie, don't ask such questions," a woman scolded the girl.

"It's alright," I assured the woman as I knelt down in front of the girl, "I am honoured to call Ryder Mortane mine."

"Do you love him?" she asked curiously.

"With all my heart," I replied without hesitation.

"Then you love a demon, My Lady," a man told me.

I stood and Rosalie and Clarissa placed their hands on my shoulders.

"Don't listen to him," Clarissa whispered.

"He's insulted both Arrow and Soren before," Rosalie added quietly, "My guess is that Ryder will be no different."

I nodded and turned back to the man.

"What makes you say that?" I asked.

"They're all demons...the Fates...given gifts of darkness," the man replied before turning to Clarissa, "The eldest can see the past and cut the threads and is known as the Inflexible," he turned to Rosalie, "The second born is the Allocator, giver and taker of resources, seer of the future," and then he turned to me, "And the Fate you call yours is perhaps the most devious and dangerous of them all."

"In what way?" I asked.

"In the way he influences others and takes what he wants," the man replied.

"You shouldn't say such things," a woman told him.

"And why not?!" the man demanded, "These women deserve to know who they are binding themselves to."