Chapter 12!!! : Picture of Josie's party outfit

Chapter Twelve

(Josie’s P.O.V.)

“Did I mention I HATE the GUTS of Miss Hastings? No sorry, Miss Stings?” growled Mary-Kate, as we walked to lunch.

I smiled. “Yeah, just about one hundred times.”

Mary-Kate sighed, and then clenched her fists.

“What did she do THIS time?” I asked Mary-Kate.

Mary-Kate glowered at the floor. “She took away my Blackberry.”
I raised an eyebrow. “Forever?”

“Two weeks,” sighed Mary-Kate. “Grrr, I hate her!”

We reached our lockers and spun the combinations. Suddenly Anastasia Rodgers barged in towards us, and handed us an invitation each to us.

“It’s my Sweet Sixteen-so like, totally come!” she squealed, prancing off.

I rolled my eyes. Anastasia was one of those bubbly, nice but spacey and dumb girls. She wasn’t a bimbo-but she wasn’t Miss Genius either.

I examined the sparkly, shiny grey invitation.

Come to Anastasia Rodger’s Sweet 16! Lots of drinks, it’s at the beach! A fun and hip beach party! This Saturday, come any time after 6pm but before 5am on Sunday of course!

I rolled my eyes.

“You going?” asked Mary-Kate.

I shrugged. “Well, it is a beach party...so I’m in!”

Mary-Kate nodded. “Fine, then I’ll go.”

Austin appeared, waving his glittery invitation, grinning widely. “You guys going.”

I nodded, beaming. ‘Of course.’

Austin laughed, scooping me into a hug. “Great, cuz’ I am too.”

Mary-Kate rolled her eyes. “C’mon Jose, all the good stuff in the cafeteria are going to be gone soon.”

I nodded, and grabbed Austin’s hand. “Come on Austin.”

We headed to the cafeteria, Mary-Kate moodily mooching along in front of us, while Austin and I laughed and chatted behind her-swinging our hands.

 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

Suddenly, it was Saturday. I looked over the clothes that Mary-Kate had picked out for me. I decided to just settle for a plain blue dress. I wasn’t in the mood for dressing up. I curled my hair, and settled for some black wedges. Then I added my makeup, studied the look, and then asked Wendy to drive me there. I hadn’t gotten my driver’s license yet-which sucked.

“Have fun-but not too much,” she yelled, once I tottered off.

I gave her the thumbs-up sign, and turned back around. Wow, Anastasia sure did know a lot of people. I’d just gotten her a small bracelet. I bet half of the people that turned up just came for the drinks.

I tried to pick out Austin’s spiky black hair or Mary-Kate’s straight brown hair among the masses of people. Very difficult.

However, I managed to find Anastasia-who was already very tipsy.