Chapter 11!!! : Picture of Josie's second date outfit

Chapter Eleven

(Josie’s P.O.V)

“Aw, this place is so romantic,” I cried, looking around. Austin and I were on our second date at Vivaldi’s.

I’d straightened my hair, then half-curled it so it looked straight and curly at the same time. I’d gone for the black look, and had black eyeshadow on, a black puffy at the bottom dress, black bangles, black nail polish and black high heels.

Austin smiled, leaning in close. “Did I mention you look stunning tonight?”

I blushed. “Just about a million times, yep.”

Austin chuckled, and we followed the waiter to our reservation table.

Austin pulled out the chair for me (aw, how sweet!), and then he sat down. I picked up the menu and studied it. Italian food. Well...I’d normally get spaghetti-but the sauce could easily stain my mouth and I do NOT want that. Pizza-definitely not, I hate stretchy cheese.

“What do you want to order?” Austin asked.

I scrunched up my nose. “Ummm, oooh, spaghetti marinara!”

Austin laughed, and nodded at the waiter. “I’ll take one too. Two Cokes as well.”

I raised an eyebrow. “Impressive. How’d you know I like Coke?”

“20 questions,” answered Austin, smiling.

So we joked around, learnt all about each other, and ate our food.

“Er, Josie?” Austin asked, suddenly nervous, and fidgety.

I grinned at him-still in a good mood from his last joke. “Yeah?’

Austin looked down, wringing his hands together.

My face fell. Was he going to say that our relationship wasn’t going to work? That we should just remain friends? That I was too much of a nerdy loser to be the boyfriend of? Ha, should’ve seen that coming. No guy would ever like me. I was just plain, nerdy, geeky Josie. I adverted my gaze somewhere else.

“What is it, Austin?” I murmured, feeling tears coming to my eyes.

Austin gently turned my chin towards him to look into his eyes. I sucked in a breath.

“Josie Greenwood, would you like to be my girlfriend?” he asked.

“I should’ve seen that coming, I mean, I’m too ugly for anyone to ever be their girlfriend and I mean-waaaaait-what?” I droned on-then stopped.

I cocked my head to the side. “Did you just ask me to...be exclusive with you?’

Austin nodded, nervously. My face broke into a smile. “OF COURSE!’

He laughed, a wide smile spreading across his face. He kissed me on the forehead. I smiled back. There was a fluttery feeling in my stomach.

We started chatting and laughing again, now, not just friends, but as boyfriend and girlfriend.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

(Rob’s P.O.V.)

I strolled down the school corridor. Jessica had thankfully left me alone, and whenever we looked each other’s way-she’d quickly look away. Thank goodness for that. I spotted Josie talking excitedly to Mary-Kate and smiled. Charming time. I walked over, and put on a dazzling smile on my face.

“Hey ladies,’ I said, winking.

Instead of scoffing or making some snide remark-Josie just grinned back. “Hey back yourself, Mr Flirt.”

Puzzled about her strangely happy behaviour, I looked at Mary-Kate for help. She smiled, smugly. What the hell was happening here?

“Uh, what’s got you in such a good mood?” I asked.

Josie beamed at me. “Austin asked me if I wanted to be his girlfriend-and I said yes!’

My heart shattered. I stared at her, eyes as big as soccer balls. What? Austin had snatched her up! Just like that! After only 2 dates! And Josie looked so happy with  him. I may as well just give up. Josie didn’t really hate my guts-but she’d never want to be with me. If you looked at her, she just saw me as an annoying jerk family friend. Nothing else. No little crush like I used to have. My crush had definitely turned into something bigger.

Josie glanced at me, concerned. “Rob-are you okay? You look sort of spaced out...”

I shook my head. “Yeah, I’m fine. Er...congrats.”

Josie beamed. “Thanks! Well, c’mon Mary-Kate-don’t wanna be late. Let’s go!”

She pranced off, all smiles. I glanced at Mary-Kate. She had a big smug look on her face.

“If you really badly want her-you REALLY got to fight for her,” she whispered.

Stunned, I glanced at her again. What? Wait...how’d she know?

Mary-Kate smirked. “It’s really not that hard to tell that you like her. And anyway, I don’t really like Austin myself.’

I stared at her, shocked for one more minute...then slowly smiled. Mary-Kate was my all new best friend.

Mary-Kate leant in closer. “Here’s the deal, lover-boy. You stop acting like a obnoxious, stupid jerk and actually face the risk of losing our reputation and admit that you love her-and I’ll help you win her back.”

I crossed my arms. “Hey! I am not losing my reputation for that!”

Mary-Kate smiled, sadly. “Looks like you don’t love her. Oh well, just lose someone really important in your life.”

She swivelled around on her heel and walked away.

I thought about it. Did I really love Josie? I thought about it. Her brown curls, her piercing grey eyes, her fun, bubbly character, our childhood memories, maybe...maybe I did l-l-love her. And I was prepared to let go of my reputation. Love was stronger than a stupid social reputation.

I quickly yelled “WAIT!”

Mary-Kate turned around, smiling widely. She walked to me.

“You know lover-boy, I’m actually really proud of you,” Mary-Kate told me. “You’re actually giving up your big social reputation for love. You’re not as big of a jerk as I thought.”

I shrugged. “Yeah...well I’ve changed these past few weeks.”

Mary-Kate’s eyes twinkled. “Well, what are we waiting for? Let’s get started!’

And she wasn’t as weird than I thought she was.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Awww, Rob's FINALLY come to his senses! After...11 chapters! Next chapter is going to be a  sort of filler...but the one after it is going to have a lot of drama-so stay tuned! Ugh, I sound like one of those music stations.

Anyway, remember to vote, comment and PLEASE fan me! I love to see any sort of comment (apart from hating ones) so feel free

Thanks guys :)

peaceanddisaster