Chapter 1!!! : Picture of Josie

Chapter One

Just saying, this was my first story on Wattpad, so it was kinda crap. But go to my profile page, and there's more better stories (aka Hidden Love) I've completed, so yeah :)

(JOSIE’S P.O.V)

“Josie, get your butt down here!” yelled Mum.

I groaned. Another family get-together with the Carters’. I mean, don’t get me wrong, Mr and Mrs Carter are both nice, and their 19-year-old daughter, Katrina is really friendly-but it’s their obnoxious, jerk of a son, Rob that I strongly dislike. He’s in the popular clique at school, while I’m at the bottom of the social ladder, with all the ‘nerds’. Honestly, I’m not the sort of nerd you see in movies. I still go shopping, go to the cinema and hang out with friends. It’s just that I get A+ all the time that makes me a ‘nerd’. Anyway, I avoid Rob as much as I can. Unhelpfully, he tries to annoy me any way he can. He’s seriously immature-just like ALL his other stupid friends.

I sighed and slid the bookmark into the novel I had been reading. I quickly glanced through the mirror at my outfit. A white top with the words MISS TROUBLE-MAKER scrawled on it (which were far from true), and a tulle white skirt. I nodded, and hurried through the door. I could hear my Dad and Mr Carter talking about the politics (boring much?), and Mum showing Mrs Carter her latest recipe. I dashed down the staircase and spotted my 19-year-old sister, Wendy and Katrina talking. Where was Rob? Not that I wanted to know but...okay maybe I did want to know!

“Looking for someone?” came a husky voice behind me.

I jumped, startled. I swivelled around, glaring at him. “Don’t ever do that!”

Rob pretended to be stunned. “Wow! That’s the first time I’ve seen you talk to me!”

I frowned. “That’s because I prefer not to.”

Rob placed his hands on his heart. “Ouch...that burns me!” he said, dramatically.

I rolled my eyes. ‘Suck it up.”

I strolled over to the parents.

“Oh there you are Josie,” sighed Mum. “Honestly, why do you ALWAYS take so long whenever the Carters’ come over?”

“I have my reasons,” I mumbled under my breath.

“What was that?” Mum asked, leaning closer.

“Nothing...at all!” I replied, plastering a fake smile on my face. Hopefully it didn’t look too fake. “So! What’s for dinner?”

“I brought my famous casserole!” Mrs Carter chuckled.

“And I cooked some salad and honey drumsticks,” Mum added.

I flashed a thumbs-up sign. “Great.”

“Hon, can you get Rob?” Mrs Carter asked. “That boy’s disappeared again!”

I groaned, internally. I sent her a weak smile. “S-Sure!”

I miserably walked around the house. “Rob, where are you?”

I heard some scuffling coming from my room. Puzzled, I pushed open the door. Rob was sitting on my bed, flicking through a photobook.

“What the hell do you think you are doing in my room?” I snapped.

His head flicked up. “Oh hi.”

I sighed, exasperated. “Get out!”

He didn’t answer back. Instead, he looked at me with curious eyes.

“Josie...why do you hate me so much?” he asked.

I bit my lip. Why was he asking me this? “Why do you want to know?’

Rob gave me a look. “Don’t try to change the subject.’

I sighed. “I don’t know...cuz’ you are super annoying, a jerk, a player, rude, obnoxious, stuff like that...”

He didn’t answer again. I walked over, to see which photos he was looking at. My heart flopped. It was in Grade 5-when our families had just met. There was a picture of Rob pushing me on the swing. We were really good friends back then. It was until Year 8 and he turned into a jerk player.

“You remember this?” asked Rob, not looking at me.

I nodded, weakly. Rob sighed.

“I miss those days,” he told me, finally looking up with me with his adorable hazel eyes. Whoa, whoa, hold up. What are you thinking? He is NOT adorable! Far from it!

“I miss them too,” I whispered.

We stared at each other for a while. Finally, I broke eye contact.

“I er...your Mum sent me up to come get you,” I told him, addressing my stack of books. “Dinner’s ready.’

Rob nodded, silently. I quickly turned on my heel, and hurried away. What was that?

________________________________________________________________

First Upload. :) Please comment and tell me what you think! Vote...if you think it's worth it. I'd really appreciate it!