O4: First Job

|Zeek|

Honestly, I feel pretty damn guilty. I don't want Christopher to be sucked into my lifestyle, but for some reason I couldn't refuse his request.

I'm not the type of person to bring people down with me, unless they truly deserve it, and that's exactly what I feel like I'm gonna do to Christopher.

It's obvious that his mother wants a good life for him and she's trying to keep him on the right track, and now I've shown up, undoing all the hard work she put into raising him properly. I feel bad.

He actually has a chance, unlike me, to be something more than a drug dealer. I was sucked into this with no way out; he had a choice.

Wait a minute... why do I even care so much? Work is work. Money is money. I shouldn't even give a damn about ruining his life, as long as progress within the business is being made. But that's the problem; I DO care. Why? Because I have a big ass heart, that's  why. Too big. Sometimes I think I'm not made for this. Hell, I know I'm not made for this.

This was supposed to be my brother's "Kingdom". He was supposed to be runnin' this shit, but here I am-- a small ass, 5 foot 6, 115 pound female  filling a man's shoes and doing a man's job just because niggas is trigger happy.

"-- just make sure you do everything like we planned." I had just finished explaining to Christopher the first job he'd actually be a part of. For the past 2 weeks we've just been working on his shooting and stuff like that. I don't think he's fully ready-- in fact, he's no where near  fully ready-- but you gotta start somewhere, right? He'll be fine, it's nothing too major, plus I'll be right there.

"That's it?" he asked.

"That's it."

He sighed and nodded before starting up the van. "Okay..." he sounded unsure. I can understand why. When we pulled into the parking lot of Piggy's Playhouse, one of the most disgusting and grotesque stripclubs in Virginia, hell probably in the whole South, he looked like a nervous wreck.

"Just focus on what YOU gotta do, Christopher. Nothing else. Worryin' about other stuff when it's not called for is what wracks your brain." I assured him as I got out of the van. I waited patiently at the entrance as he sat in the van for a few more seconds to get himself together. When I saw him finna get out, I proceeded to enter the building.

Walking into the main part of the club, I was surrounded by ass naked females. I understand that this is a stripclub, but could y'all at least have on a bra?

I looked back at Christopher and he seemed unbothered by the naked women. In fact, he was whole gawking over them. I punched him dead in the arm.

"Ahh shit! The fuck was that for!?" he exclaimed as he grabbed his shoulder.

"Put yours eyes back in your damn head, Benzino."

"Well excuse me," his tone wreaked of sarcasm, "I ain't realize it was illegal for me to like ass and titties."

I smirked, "When we're 2 teens in a stripclub, it is." I giggled as he sucked his teeth.

I followed the directions the owner of the club gave me over the phone and finally found the room in the back he told me to meet him in. When we walked in, like we owned shit of course, there were a bunch of older dudes sitting around a large round table. It kinda reminded me of the God Father. The dudes weren't THAT old though; I'd say they were each somewhere in their late 20s, maybe early 30s.

"Which one of y'all is J. Bergen?" I asked causing one of the men to nod.

"That'd be me." he said. He wasn't a bad looking man. He was a nice caramel complexion, and he had light brown eyes. He wore a nice suit too. That wasn't really important though. "Can I offer either of you a drink or anything? You look kinda young, so maybe a Shirley Temple." he and the other niggas at the table laughed at his gay ass joke.