Ambitions of a Dreamer

If you feel that you could have a great future in something, you should try with everything in you to achieve that goal, right? Of course there may be a few obstacles along the way, but if that's really what you want to do, go for it.

Where I live, dreams don't pay the bills, therefore it ain't no room for "what if", only doing. Hopes of making it out of this small town in VA was immediately shot down with only a few words;

"You ain't good fa' nothin'! You ain't shit now, and you ain't gon' never be shit!"

And like any other young child would, I believed the words of my sorry ass excuse for a father, even to this day. I won't make it out of the hood, so why try? I only keep going to school for my ma-- hell, she the only reason I continue to live.

Maybe I could make it outta here with my talent I ONCE believed I had, but who wanna work with a ghetto nigga from the hood who ain't know nothing but the exact shit that gets frowned down on?

Singing is something I been doing since I was younger. Before I even had experience with it I enjoyed it, so maybe it's something that's meant for me to do.

I didn't choose my lifestyle, so why should my hopes have to suffer because of it? Why can't I just stop life and climb my way up the ladder I see as 'success' and call myself a winner?

What place in the world does a dreamer belong when their hope suddenly comes crashing down?

______________________________

- Should I continue *clicks tongue*... OR NAH!?

A couple votes, maybe a comment or 2, would be nice.

** Excuse grammatical errors; I was typing the way the character speaks.

- TaePRIMO