O3: The Come Up

|Chris|

"Damn nigga, watch where you goin'!" some random junkie yelled as I walked through an alley. I ignored him, mainly because he was probably high as hell, but also because I ain't have time for his ass.

It was a few weeks after I got caught up before I built up enough courage to go back over in Baller territory. Except this time around, it was day time.

I wanted to visit Zeek and see if she could put me on game with her business. She get a lot of respect around here, plus I'm pretty sure the money damn sho' good, and that's exactly what I need.

I walked into the warehouse some man I ran into told me to go to, to find Zeek. I walked down the hallways freely, surprised that there was no one to stop me. I finally found a door where a big dude was standing outside of. I immediately assumed he was a guard.

"Aye is Zeek here?" I asked him. He looked at me and laughed, "Who wants to know?"

"Me nigga, who else standin' right here in front of you??" I said in a duh tone. He laughed then knocked on the door. Another big dude opened it.

"Aye man, li'l dude thought he could just come up in here demandin' to see Z." the first dude laughed to the other one. The other nigga started laughing like Kevin Hart had just said the funniest shit ever.

First off, I ain't see what was so damn funny. Secondly, me and this nigga bout the same height, so who the hell he callin' "li'l"?

"Yo toaster built, gorilla back ass ain't gon be laughin' when I knock--"

"What the hell y'all out here laughin' at?" Zeek interrupted me as she stuck her head out the door the second dude came out of. She had on some black sweats, a crisp white tee, and some Converse. Her hair was in one of them big ass poof balls girls be havin' on they head, and she was wearing glasses. She looked so... basic. But in the best way ever. For some reason, I found the simplicity hella attractive.

"This li'l nigga boss. He came around here thinkin' he runnin' shit." they chuckled but Zeek just smiled.

"This my homie Christopher, he coo peoples." "Yeah niggas, I'm coo." I beamed, Zeek laughed as she grabbed my arm, pulling me into the room as she closed the door on them niggas.

"What in the hell you doin' over here again? I'm not gon always be here to save yo ass." she laughed as she sat in this big, black leather chair that was behind a dark brown, wooden desk. She motioned for me to sit in the chair in front of her, and I did just that.

I chuckled, "I didn't just wander here this time, I actually wanted to ask you something." she nodded, signaling for me to continue.

"I need a favor." "What's wrong? Is that nigga Jay still fuckin' with you?"

"Nah," I chuckled as I shook my head, "it's something else." She nodded, "Do you need money?"

I slightly smiled at how surprisingly generous she was, "Not exactly.. I do need money, but I don't wanna be a charity case."

She frowned slightly, shaking her head, "I don't see you as a charity case Christopher. You tryna make it and you need help, I'm willing to give it to you."

"And I appreciate that, but I really just wanna help myself. I want my own hustle."

"I understand. But where do I come in at?"

I took a deep breath, "I wanna be a Baller." she didn't say anything, she just stared at me.

"You heard me?" I asked after a few seconds. "I said I wanna be a Baller. I want you to put me on to yo business."