Chapter 17

the picture is of when I met Taylor last week! 😍 sorry it took so long for me to update, I've just been busy! but thank you guys for reading and I hope you like this chapter (:

_______________________

What do I do? Do I go up there and scream at him? Do I just stand here and keep dancing with Cameron? A thousand questions were running through my head and I had no idea what to do.

"Are you okay?" Cameron asked, a concerned look plastered on his face.

No, I wanted to say. I'm not fine at all.

"Yeah yeah, I'm fine." I said, throwing on a fake smile. Cameron didn't look too convinced but decided to change the subject. He went on about his new movie that he just got done shooting but I wasn't paying attention at all. I would just nod my head and smile at the appropriate times but my mind was on Luke and Veronica.

Luke was still standing in the same spot, his arm lightly draped across Veronica's waist. They weren't talking to each other, Luke was just staring off at nothing and Veronica was talking to some girl holding a beer.

"And then Nash came on set and sprayed everyone with water guns!" Cameron said laughing, making me turn my attention back to him.

"Sounds like fun" I said, not even convincing myself.

Cameron sighed and stopped dancing. "You weren't listening to anything I said, were you?"

I wanted to tell him that I was, but I didn't want to lie. "No, I wasn't. I'm so sorry Cameron, it's just that my mind is somewhere else."

"It's Luke isn't it?"

His question caught me off guard and I quickly defended myself. "No, no! Why would you think that?"

"Because you were staring at him the entire time" He said chuckling.

"Ugh, I didn't know I was that obvious." I said, my face turning red from embarrassment.

"Do you mind telling me why?" He asked, no hint of sarcasm in his voice.

I decided to tell him the whole story about how we were friends, more than friends, and then not friends at all. When I finished talking, Cameron was just staring at me with wide eyes.

"Damn, that's crazy" He said, looking at Luke. "So why was he making out with that girl then?

"That girl is Veronica and that's his fake girlfriend"

Cameron looked confused again and I laughed at his expression.

"Their managers think that if one of them has a girlfriend, then their album sells will go up and they will gain more fans. It doesn't make any sense to me but apparently its been working"

"Okay, one more question.. There are no cameras around, so why were they doing that?"

I sighed and and tried to keep myself from crying.

"That's what I'm trying to figure out."

*LUKES POV*

"So why did you pull me away from Andrea?" I asked Calum, already irritated that this was the second time he's done this.

"I already told you, Veronica wants to talk to you"

I followed Calum out of the sea of sweaty bodies grinding on each other and into the middle of the house.

"I'll leave you two alone" Calum said once we met Veronica, turning around and walking back into the group of people.

"What do you want." I said, not meaning for it to come out as rude as it did.