Chapter 16

"Luke.." I whispered, meeting my eyes with his.

"hmmm.." he mumbled, his eyes never leaving my lips.

"What are we doing?"

"I'm doing what I've been wanting to do since the day you left." He whispered, moving his head until his lips were brushing against mine.

I couldn't take it anymore and I slammed my lips against his, wrapping my arms around his neck.

Luke moaned and deepened the kiss, pushing me harder against the wall.

I never realized how much I missed the taste and feel of his lips.

He detached his lips from mime and I whimpered at the loss of contact.

"Eager much?" he asked, smirking before he reattached his lips to my neck and sucked gently.

"Oh God" I moaned, ignoring his smartass comment. I grabbed his hair and pulled gently, causing him to moan again.

"Hey Lu- WOAH WHATS GOING ON HERE?" someone yelled, causing me and Luke to fly apart from each other.

Luke quickly started fixing his hair which was sticking up in different directions and I tried to calm my breathing down.

I relaxed once I saw it was Calum.

"Don't mind me, I was just gonna ask Luke where he kept the guitar picks but nevermind" he said, smirking and leaving the room.

"Shit, that was close" Luke said, walking back over to me.

"Yeah, thank God it was only Calum"

"If it was management I would've been killed." Luke added.

"Wait.. why would they care?" I asked.

"Because I'm supposed to be 'dating' Veronica remember? If someone random walked in here and saw what we were doing, the press would have a field day."

That's true. Every magazine and newspaper would have the title "5SOS Star Luke Hemmings cheats on girlfriend Veronica" and I'm pretty sure that is not the kind of publicity this band wants.

"We better get going" He said, looking down at his phone. "You're coming with me, right?"

"I don't think that's a good idea.." I said. "We don't need rumors spreading"

"Pleaaaaaase?" he asked, giving me his best puppy dog eyes.

As much as I wanted to say yes, I don't think it would be the best idea. I'm already mad at myself for kissing Luke. This whole just 'staying friends' thing is difficult.

"We can hangout tomorrow!" I said, as his face fell.

"Ugh. fine. But I'm not happy about this."

__________________________

I woke up the next morning and realized I was in my own bed and immediately relaxed.

My phone started vibrating and I saw I had 8 missed texts. 5 were from Luke and the rest were from the boys.

I opened the boys first and saw that they wrote the same thing, just an address to a house. I clicked on Luke's and read his.

"From: Luke (:"
Hey, Cameron Dallas is throwing a party tonight and I was wondering if you would like to come?

"From: Luke (:"
I mean, come to the party with me

"From: Luke (:"
and with the boys of course

"From: Luke (:"
and Veronica

"From: Luke (:"
please just say you'll come

I giggled at his text messages and replied back with a yes.