4 - Voodoo Crap

How is this even possible? I mean, humans age up in years, they grow older. How is it even possible for Derek to go from twenty something to a sixteen year old boy? That's not possible! The supernatural world is even more crazy than I thought! I just want to pinch his cheeks now. Everyone, including sixteen year old Derek, is back in Beacon Hills. All of them were freaking out of what to do with this new Derek and brought him straight to Deaton, the veterinarian the owns the animal clinic in town. He's not just a vet, though. Deaton knows all about the supernatural and has helped the gang so many times.

        Deaton's face was full of shock when Scott carried younger Derek into the clinic. Everyone has crowded in the examination room, surrounding an unconscious Derek on the table. They drove back as soon as they met up with each other. Poor Stiles was almost falling asleep at the wheel. I wish he didn't have to run on such little sleep. 

        "Wow." Deaton gapes, examining the unconscious sixteen year old boy.

      "Wow?" Stiles questions him from the other side of the table. "Wow as in, "I've seen this before and I know exactly what to do," kind of wow? 'Cause that's the kind of wow we were hoping for."

        Deaton's face turns very serious. "I think you might be overestimating my abilities."

        I groan, throwing my hands in the air. "We're screwed!"

        Lydia reaches for Derek's limp hand. "He's cold, really cold."

        Deaton quickly grabs ahold of Derek's hand. He starts to an examination on Derek, starting with checking his pupils. 

        "Do you think this permanent?" Scott asks.

        "I'm not sure a medical diagnosis is even adequate. This is well beyond my experience." Deaton draws back. 

        "Then what are we going to do?" I walk to the other side of the table by Deaton.

        "So what do we do with him?" Stiles asks across from me. 

        He has such dark circles under his eyes. I feel so bad for him. 

        "Until he wakes up. Probably not much. It might be best to leave him with me. He'll be safe here."

        "You mean from Kate?"

        "If she's alive and she is what you say she is, she won't be able to walk past that gate."

        Lydia looks up. "Why would she want to do this to him?"

        "Because she's evil!" I throw my arms up in the air, like it's the most obvious thing in the world. If they could hear or even see me, Stiles probably would have laughed and agreed with me. He can't do that, though. I miss being able to laugh with him. I miss when he would have his arm around me and he would pull me a little closer to his body when he would laugh at something I said, no matter how dumb it was.

        "Knowing Kate, it's probably for a reason that won't be any good for anyone but her." Deaton answers, looking grim. 

        "And bad for everyone else." Stiles adds. 

      "You guys should probably go home. He doesn't look to be in any danger. So maybe the rest of you should get some sleep?" Deaton suggests when he sees all of them figting back falling asleep right this moment. "It is a school night... And you all need to start taking care of your own lives again."

        "Thank you, Deaton!" I exclaim. "Stiles, listen to him. You're exhausted." I glance at Scott and Lydia. "All of you are."