33 - Slightly Late

"Everything's fine." Stiles says to a very worried Liam on his way into the boy's locker room. "I got a text from him this morning and he said he might be a little late." 

I bounce on my toes once before slipping in between the crack of the door and sliding into the locker room. Coach has made it clear several times that girls should not be in the boy's locker room, but I don't like to follow rules. Two other guys give me a strange look as I pass by them to follow Stiles and Liam. I wink at the two boys with a smirk. 

"Well, how late is late?" Liam stops in between two rows of lockers and makes Stiles turn to face him. "Is he always late? We're playing Devenford Prep again and, this time, it's an actual game. He- He shouldn't be late."

I take a couple of steps forward to stand beside the two boys until I see Coach in a red shirt at the end of the row. I nearly slip on the floor as I try to back away to keep him from seeing me. My back bangs against someone's locker, loudly. 

"Who shouldn't be late?" Coach asks them from around the corner.

I keep my back pressed up against the side of the lockers, out of sight from Coach. Stiles gives the young wolf an annoyed glare before nodding his head at him. Stiles' eyes briefly lock with mine and squint a tad bit. 

Liam heaves a sigh, hanging his head, "Scott and Kira."

"Slightly late." Stiles adds. 

Coach stutters over his words before he can actually form a coherent sentence, "Slightly late is still late. What are they doing?"

I quietly snicker. 

"They're doing something that's going to make them slightly late." Stiles scratches the side of his neck, awkwardly.

I peek through the small holes of the locker to see Coach's expressions better. He doesn't look too pleased about this news.

"What could Scott and Kira be doing right now that's more important than playing in the game?" Coach talks with his hands, stressing out how confused he is by all of this.

Stiles glances to Liam before stating, "Oh, Coach."

Realization dawns on Coach's face. He begins to stutter over his words again, "Well- You better get a hold of them..." He turns back to his office. "And get out of my locker room, Ms. Martin!"

I scrunch my face up in annoyance. I was really hoping that he wouldn't have been able to see me. The whole 'Ms. Martin' thing is still taking some getting used to. It was weird for people to see me as Lydia's cousin instead of being Allison's. 

"Well, that was awkward." I step out of my hiding place once Coach walks away.

Stiles rolls his eyes at me. 

"I will see you both outside." I point to the two of them. I press a quick kiss to Stiles' cheek before walking back out of the locker room for the field. 

During the fifteen minute period of waiting for Stiles to come out to the field ready for the game, I send multiple texts and calls to Scott and Kira. Something felt off. Neither one was answering their phones. Scott would always pick up after a couple of rings. Even if they were up to something, Scott would realize that he needs to pick up after the amount of times I've called him. 

"You okay?" Malia sits down next to me on the bleachers with Mr. Stilinski.

I bounce my leg on the bleachers. "Something's wrong. I can feel it." 

Malia raises a brow. "You mean, like Lydia can?"

"I don't know. I don't know if this is the banshee part in me or what, but I know that something happened." I call Scott's number for the fifteenth time. "He always answers his phone."