Prologue

It has been months since the angel took me from the manor. Months since I had seen Elijah, Hunter, Andrew, and Aviana. Months of living in a room made for an animal, and being treated like some beast. The way the angel treated me, made me feel like Father's form of torture was a pleasant dream. The cold brick walls seemed to be old, the freezing ground was covered in hay. Spiders and rats filled my dark room. My room? No, my room was burnt down before I was stolen away by the angel from the demon. My demon.

Footsteps woke me from my thoughts, I curled up in the little corner of the room. A stack of hay served as my bed, I sat on it and awaited the angel. Sometimes, if I behaved like a good girl, she would give me a reward, sometimes a sweet. However, if she sees I was not...I would get punished...sometimes if she was being nice, I would just get whipped. I waited, but the footsteps seemed to grow louder and quicker, even heavier. Someone was running? That wasn't the angel, then the door slammed open, my thoughts were correct.

"My lady, come we have to get out!" My lady? I was never addressed as 'my lady', only Zera or my dear. I thought for a second, "My lady please, Vincent can't hold off the fallen angel forever even with Aviana's help!" He said, I looked at him it was Elijah. Elijah Pond. My demon.

I shyly took his hand, "Elijah...I order you...get me out of this hellhole." I spoke slowly gaining back my strength in my voice. But I then began to think, what if the angel catches us?

"Yes, m'lady." Elijah's grin appeared and he picked me up, he raced down the brick corridors of the place we were in. The place where the angel had kept me all these months, I saw someone coming after us.

"Elijah!" I shrieked, shutting my eyes tightly and burying my face in the crook of his neck.

"Lady Zera, no need to be alarmed, my master will be pleased to see you alive." I heard a familiar voice, one I didn't particularly favor. Vincent.

I looked up, he was running with Aviana around his neck and torso. "Aviana!" I cried, and tried to reach for her. Elijah held me tight, and I gave him a questioning look.

"The greetings must be saved for when we return to the manor." He said, then finally we were outside, the bright rays of sun hurt my eyes. "Welcome to your newfound freedom." I looked at Elijah who smiled.

"Take me to Hunter, he is all I have right now, then tell Andrew I've returned." I smiled.

"Yes, m'lady."