chapter seventeen.

Ah, exams. Samira had a few coming up next week, and that meant she'd spend less time with Harry. Samira studied rigorously, while Harry worked overtime.

On the busiest days, Samira would leave the door unlocked for Harry. She'd wait in bed, longing for him. It'd be late by the time he'd walk in quietly with tired eyes. They'd have artless sex, then talk until one or both of them fell asleep.

It might have seemed like enough, but it never was.

Tonight, Samira didn't spend her time at the library alone; Harry joined her quiet study session.

She spent an hour finishing her notes from research labs while Harry typed away on his laptop, a notepad and calculator next to him. He wore a pair of copper-rimmed glasses as he did his paperwork; Samira thought it was insanely cute, as it complimented his smaragdine eyes.

He got bored after completing his paperwork sooner than expected; he rested his head on her shoulder, mumbling a thought here and there. Sometimes his eyes followed hers, reading along with her. When she started to flip a page, he held her wrist, mumbling wait until he was done.

Harry's eyes were weary by the time he drove them home. As she looked at the window, watching the raindrops race to the bottom, she felt his hand grip her thigh, squeezing it periodically.

Harry took her by surprise when they walked into her apartment, picking her up and walking into her bedroom. Samira liked how he gripped her hair whenever he kissed her; he'd pull it with his fingers, holding her close.

"You couldn't wait for a minute," Samira giggled, feeling his lips sponge her cheek.

"Please," Harry reposted. "You were making eyes at me in the elevator."

Samira sat on the bed with her back against the headboard. Harry rested between her legs, pecking her lips, holding her hands.

"Can we try something?" Harry asked, out of the blue.

"Try what?" Samira got curious; they'd never done anything other than plain, missionary sex. She might have liked it that way, but not always.

She pointed at his glasses: "Nerd sex?"

Harry laughed into her mouth, taking her hands from his bare chest: "Do you want me to keep them on?"

"Sure. You look cute in them."

The bridge of Harry's glasses fell to the tip of his nose as they kissed, causing a fit of laughter from Samira; he ended up taking them off.

He undressed Samira, leaving her topless. Samira held onto her phone, picking an album to play. She chose AM by Arctic Monkeys, of course.

"Hmm, perfect," Samira giggled, placing her phone on the drawer next to her bed.

Harry narrowed his eyes at her, smirking: "I feel like every song you play tells me what you're expecting."

"I don't know, is it?"

Rolling his eyes, he unclamped the belt around his jeans, taking ahold of her wrists.

Samira's eyes widened, watching him wrap the belt: "Are you tying me?"

Harry smiled sheepishly: "Telling you to keep your hands to yourself isn't enough."

As they laughed, Harry sheathed the belt around her wrists. He tugged on it tightly, making sure she couldn't get out of it.

But when Samira pulled her hands apart as a joke, it slipped off.

Harry stared at her wrists in silence; it was clear he thought it was tight enough.

"Well, shit," he laughed awkwardly, his cheeks reddening.