chapter six.

Mahnoor: At this point, make him say his shahadah

Samira:

Mahnoor: No

Mahnoor: No

Mahnoor: I would like to see a picture of him

Samira: no

Mahnoor: please

Samira: no

Mahnoor: bitch if you don't send me a picture

With a sigh, Samira scrolled through her phone, cropping a group picture and sending it to Mahnoor.

Mahnoor: whoa

Mahnoor: he has dimples too

Samira: so do i he aint special

Samira: leave me alone now

Samira giggled as she put her phone away. Dark circles were painted around her eyes, tired from the exam she stayed up for the night before. Periodic rain showers left behind humidity in the air and puddles on the sidewalk. Samira's steps felt like heavyweights as she dragged herself home, ready to lie down on her couch and binge-watch New Girl.

As she walked through the drizzling rain, she felt a faint tap on her left shoulder. She turned her head, looking for who it was, but there was nothing. Then, when she stepped her foot forward, it felt as though someone kicked it from behind, making it nearly swing through the air.

Her heart pounded when she immediately turned around, finding Harry holding a devilish smile on his lips and a soccer ball—football—in his hands. His eyes held a certain vitality, and the black hood of his sweater sat on his ruffled hair.

"Dude, what the actual fuck? You scared the shit out of me!" Samira exclaimed. "Ya rabbi."

Harry laughed wholeheartedly as he began strolling next to her. She realized how much he'd loosened up since they'd met.

"What are you doing here?" She asked.

"I was actually going to the park to play football," he replied, pointing eastward. "Then I saw you down the street and thought I'd say hello."

"Oh, are you meeting a friend there?"

"No."

Samira tilted her head, raising her eyebrows at him. "You're going to play alone?"

Harry shrugged, then averted his eyes shyly, watching his steps. "I can. It's fun to play when it's raining."

"I can't argue with that."