And this is what happened (New girl story)

Empty, that's what I felt when the police came to tell me, empty. They came to the door, asking if they could speak to us, it was urgent. They told me about the car crash, the person in the other car was a drinker. He killed my family, my dad, my brother and my sister.

Me and my mum looked at each other, in vain hope this was some sort of sick joke. No such luck.

*6 months later*

We had moved to America, me and my mum couldn't stand the pity filled looks we got everyday, the memories, so we left. Not to forget them, just to keep ourselves sane.

Our house was massive, our new one I mean. It had 4 floors, the whole 3rd floor was mine with spiral stairs up to the 4th floor, the 4th floor was an attic sort of place where I could have sleepovers if I wanted. If I made friends that is...

I woke up and stared around my new room, the white curtains letting the sun spill in, the king sized bed and the walk in wardrobe, it was heaven for every girl, but it just felt too big, there were no laughing annoying siblings, no sarcastic comments from my sister or any pokes from my brother.

I shook the thoughts from my head and got up, I had two weeks left of the summer holidays and then I have to go to a new school. I put on a long sleeved top, looked outside and put on a tank top, gave up all together and got into the shower.

After my shower I settled for a black tank top and denim shorts, it was just too hot for skinnies. I put on my black converse and set off to the park with my dog.

I was going through the sports field by the park and saw a little boy crying, I jogged up to him and asked him what was the matter.

"I fell over." He sniffed and showed me a gash on his knee, which was very deep bearing in mind we were in an empty field.

"What did you fall over on?" I asked

"That stone over there." I followed his finger and saw a sharp rock sticking out of the ground. Ouch. I walked over to it and kicked it into the ground so no one else could injure themselves.

"Come sit down, I've got a plaster." I said, I always come prepared.

"Mum says I can't go off with strangers."

"Your mum's right, let's sit on that bench over there if you're scared of me, there are lots of people about."

He nodded and allowed me to help him to the bench, when he was sat down I got a closer look at him, he had dark hair, grey eyes and was positively adorable.

"What's your name sweetie?" I asked

"Sammy." He answered, I was cleaning his cut with water, he winced but didn't pull away.

"Well I'm Opal, there we go." I smiled.

"Thank you Opal."

"Want to get something to eat?" I offered

"Mum said I can't take food of strangers."

"Again, mum's right, how about we go to the ice cream van over there and I buy you an ice cream, you can watch me the whole time."

"Okay." He was so cute.

I walked over to the van, little Sammy trailing behind me, I bought him an ice cream and got my self one with strawberry sauce and a flake.

We went over to the play park and sat on the swings.

"So..." I said

"Can you help me Opal?" He asked quietly.

"Of course, what's the matter?"

"I have homework to find out the colour wheel but I don't know what it is."