Chapter 3

It was late in the morning and Mandi was still asleep. Kermit walked in to wake her up but once he did, he found her just staring at the ceiling blankly for what felt like forever.

"Mands..?" Kermit asked trying to snap her back into reality.

Couple minutes later, Mandi snapped back and turned to Kermit, "Morning dad."

"So you're just gonna act like that did not happen?" Kermit asked with worry.

"What happened?"

"You were literally staring at the ceiling forever. I tried to shake you awake but it was like you weren't here! What's going on?"

Mandi didn't want to tell him what was going on. She kept having flashbacks of the accident and it caused her to see it as soon as she wakes up, "It's nothing dad. I honestly have no clue what you're talking about."

Kermit blankly starred at his daughter wondering what the hell just happened, "Well alright, in a bit I'm gonna help you walk." He said and walked out the room.

As soon as the door closed, Mandi bursted into tears thinking of that night. She remembered screaming in pain wishing her dad was with her. She was horrified being alone.

Kermit leaned against the door and heard her crying. He knew she was traumatized from the accident. He quickly went back into her room and held her, "It's okay baby, it's over now. I'm here."

He felt her shaking and noticed that she was having a panic attack. He gently rocked her and sighed. He was worried about her being he knew she was traumatized.

Soon she calmed down, Kermit gave her a sad smile and kept her in his arms. This girl was his whole world and it broke his heart to see her upset, "I promise I'm gonna help you get through all of this."

"I really wish you were there by my side after the accident.." She said, "I was alone..I was in pain."

Kermit's heart broke hearing the fear in her voice, "It's over now. I'm here."

Piggy walked in and saw the worry on the frog's face, "Everything okay?"

Kermit looked at her and shook his head, "She's traumatized, Piggy."

Piggy sighed and sat on the bed, "She'll be okay right?"

Kermit nodded, "When I got in a car accident a while ago, I struggled the same way. The vision wouldn't leave my head for quite some time."

Mandi was listening, "How did you get rid of it?"

"Just gotta get your mind off of it." Kermit said, "I'll help you get your mind away from it. I promise."

"Thanks dad." She said as she leaned her head on his shoulder, "I don't know what I would've done without ya."

"Me either baby girl." The frog said and kissed her head, "I love you."

"I love you too dad."

Piggy smiled and grabbed her daughter's hand, "I love you as well. My sweet little diva."

Mandi smiled, "I love you too mom."

It was past midnight and Kermit and Piggy were sitting on the couch, "Finally some peace and quiet with my woman."

Piggy smiled as she stroked his hand, "The way you take care of our daughter makes me fall even more in love with you."

Kermit looked at her and kissed her, "You're my everything Piggy."

"Sure? Cause Mandi seems to take my place." She said jokingly.

Kermit chuckled, "Well, I cant seem to chose. You two are my favorite girls."

Piggy smiled and snuggled next to her frog, "Goodnight Kermie.."

Kermit slightly smiled, "You're not gonna go to bed?"

"As long as you're by my side then I can sleep peacefully." Piggy said as she began to fall asleep.

Kermit grabbed the blanket and covered them both up. He spent what felt like forever admiring his wife, "Goodnight Piggy."

Soon both the frog and pig were fast asleep holding onto each other.