Chapter 2

Days passed and Mandi was able to go home. Kermit helped her get into some clothes and then proceeded to help her onto the wheelchair. The frog immediately noticed how upset she looked.

"Mandi..I know you're upset that we gotta help you with these things."

"It's whatever. Just take me home." Mandi said as she looked down at her flippers.

Kermit sighed and pushed the wheelchair to his car. He gently helped his daughter into the car and drove home.

Helping Mandi up the stairs was hard being she couldn't walk. Kermit decided to carry her upstairs and lied her into her bed.

"Thanks dad.." Mandi said as she lied down.

"Do you need anything before I head out to pick up your medications?"

"No I'm great." She said not even facing her father.

"Mandi..you gotta snap out of this."

"How? I got into a stupid car accident and because of my dumb choices, I end up like this!" She cried.

Kermit sighed and pulled her into a hug, "I promise everything will be fine. Your mother and I are going to help you get back on your feet."

Piggy walked into the room, "Go pick up her medicine. I'll stay with her."

Kermit nodded and kissed his daughter's head, "Call me if anything."

"Okay." Piggy said and sat on Mandi's bed, "I know I'm an awful mother but I promise to help."

"Thanks mom. You're not an awful mom. I appreciate that you're willing to help."

"Anything for my little frog." Piggy said as she wrapped her arm around her daughter, "Are you in any pain?"

"Just feeling a little sore." Mandi said as she gently rubbed her neck.

Couple minutes later, Kermit came back with the medications. He sat on her bed and handed her a pill and water.

Mandi took it and looked at him miserably, "Is this my life now?"

"No sweetie, soon you'll be back to your normal self. The doctor said it'll take about a month or two till you're fully recovered. I have to also make an appointment for you to see a physical therapist."

Mandi sighed and lied her head on his shoulder, "Thanks for taking care of me dad."

"Of course, I was worried sick when I got the call. I prayed and prayed that you were going to make it out alive."

"It was scary." Mandi said, "I don't really remember much. As soon as I saw that tree coming towards me, everything went black."

"Well your mother and I are just glad that our baby girl's alive." He said and kissed her head.

The medicine began to kick in as Mandi began to feel drowsy and sleepy. Kermit grabbed the blanket and covered her up, "Sleep well.."

Kermit gently closed the bedroom door and walked to the living room, "She's asleep now."

"Good." Piggy said, "Hopefully she'll have a good night."

"I hope so. I can't imagine the pain she'll feel when the medicine fades away." Kermit said and sighed, "the doctor gave me a list of things I could give her to eat. He said she could have soft foods for now."

Piggy sighed as she watched the frog go to the kitchen to make dinner, "Kermit?"

"Yes Piggy?"

"Let me help you."

"Be my guest. I honestly have no clue what to make. Probably gonna make her some soup for now." He said as he turned on the stove.

Piggy pulled out the ingredients, "That'll be good for her."

Few hours passed and Mandi was awake staring out the window. Kermit walked in and sat next to her, "I made you some soup. You need to eat."

"I'm not hungry.." Mandi said.

"Mandi, you have to eat. You can't take your medicine with an empty stomach."

Mandi sighed as the frog helped her eat. He knew her body was way too sore for her to even hold the bowl. Kermit gave her a sad smile and rubbed her cheek, "My poor baby.."

Piggy walked in and saw the soft bond Kermit and Mandi were having. It made her feel guilty that she was never in the picture especially knowing how badly Kermit struggled as a single father.

Kermit turned and saw Piggy standing there. He motioned her to sit with him and Mandi. Piggy sat down and smiled, "My two favorite frogs."

Kermit smiled and continued to help Mandi finish eating, "That's my girl.."

Few hours later, Piggy walked back into the room to find Kermit and Mandi asleep. She smiled and kissed her two frogs goodnight and went to bed in hopes it'll be a good night.